deedee_tv

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Florida
Has anyone tried to distress Keds ala this one? Since they do not make the Mischa styles large enough for my women's size 12W feet, I am thinking about distressing these myself.

I have several pairs of white slip-on Champions and lots of sharpies, has anyone tried to distress on their own?

Attachments

• distressed keds.jpg
    distressed keds.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Re: Self-distressing Keds

Looks like you have some work ahead. Have fun ;-)

Well again, I can not see the picture, but if they are what I think they are( Like rarely worn Champs or w/e ) I think all you would need to make them distressed is something like a small filler to run over the edges to get the effect you want, and maybe a seem-puller thing. sorry im not realy sure what they are called as i do bot do altering of cloths. hehe

Self-distressing Keds - UPDATE

Self-distressing Keds - UPDATE

My wife is going to distress the Keds for me. I gave her my brand new pair of white slip-on champs then showed her the atttached picture. She though this was cool and is going to do it herself. She is very crafty and was considering either dying or coloring and what she would use to do the distressing.

I can't wait, I will post pictures of the outcome. YEAH!!

deedee-tv

Attachments

• bbkeds.jpg
    bbkeds.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1

A belt sander with rough grit, large grit makes the bottoms smooth as silk in short order. To touch up the sides and smooth edges,the palm sander works wonder. If you happen to have one "on" while smoothing the toes its a short trip to completion. The abrsive belt makes the canvas look worn very fast so go slow. A few times thru the wash and tumble dry they get prettty worn looking. and a smooth bottom glides over sensitive areas with ease. Good luck.

I can't wait to see the creativity first hand... with all the craft supplies out there and some of the most creative Keds lovers here...the combination is a guaranteed success...make them and share them with us all:icon_wink It's Christmas come early if ya ask me (even though no one asked me..):icon_wink Edited to say Great tips Barbwyre...I love the worn edge ideas the best...sweet!

Back
Top Bottom