OLYMPIAN

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Nottingham/Derby UK
UK folks,
did you see East Enders tonight? Winddowed Sharon Rickman (nee Sharon Watts) jumped out of Phil Mitchells' silver BMW X5 wearing dark blue jeans and new black/white chucks. This is the first time I have ever seen Sharon wearing different footwear. She is normally in black leather high heeled boots. Now that she is pregnant she seems to have dressed down and I thought that she looked quite tasty. She seems to have had her straight blond hair cropped as well. This was only a limited shot as she jumped out the car. Repeated on BBC1, Sunday afternoons. There could be more scenes in Thurs & Fri this week.

On the subject not many girls in EastEnders ever seen in chucks. Vicki when she came back from the USA seemed to occasionally wear beat up cream hightops, jeans and a stringy green vest. I cant think of any more.

Wow, East Enders still come on. I remember seeing this show on my local PBS(Public owned tv network) station a while back. I always thought UK shows had a limited time run unlike American programs that keep running as long as the ratings are high.
Another question. What's this thing about a telly license in the UK? Is that similar to pay cable television out here in the US? Or do you have to pay a fee to own a television?

OLYMPIAN said:
UK folks,
did you see East Enders tonight? Winddowed Sharon Rickman (nee Sharon Watts) jumped out of Phil Mitchells' silver BMW X5 wearing dark blue jeans and new black/white chucks. This is the first time I have ever seen Sharon wearing different footwear. She is normally in black leather high heeled boots. Now that she is pregnant she seems to have dressed down and I thought that she looked quite tasty. She seems to have had her straight blond hair cropped as well. This was only a limited shot as she jumped out the car. Repeated on BBC1, Sunday afternoons. There could be more scenes in Thurs & Fri this week.

On the subject not many girls in EastEnders ever seen in chucks. Vicki when she came back from the USA seemed to occasionally wear beat up cream hightops, jeans and a stringy green vest. I cant think of any more.

Damn, i missed it :icon_cry: I was watching this for the first time in ages over crimbo, just my luck. Ill have to have a look Sunday.:icon_mrgr

scotty said:
Wow, East Enders still come on. I remember seeing this show on my local PBS(Public owned tv network) station a while back. I always thought UK shows had a limited time run unlike American programs that keep running as long as the ratings are high.
Another question. What's this thing about a telly license in the UK? Is that similar to pay cable television out here in the US? Or do you have to pay a fee to own a television?

You have to pay a yearly fee to the BBC to watch their channels legally. The other channels like ITV, CH4 etc use TV add's to bring in the money. You still have to pay this fee to the BBC even if you have cable, freeview or SKY. One licence fee per household (it will pay for as many TV's as you have in the house)

As for Eastenders, it still gets high viewing figures (was the most watched show over Christmas, apart from Doctor Who i believe) UK woman go mad for soaps, no idea why LOL

I was having a look around bittorrent the other day, most top UK and US shows are up for download now, hint to those that want to see more of Lost when the first season ends here tonight 😉

edd89 said:
You have to pay a yearly fee to the BBC to watch their channels legally. The other channels like ITV, CH4 etc use TV add's to bring in the money. You still have to pay this fee to the BBC even if you have cable, freeview or SKY. One licence fee per household (it will pay for as many TV's as you have in the house)

As for Eastenders, it still gets high viewing figures (was the most watched show over Christmas, apart from Doctor Who i believe) UK woman go mad for soaps, no idea why LOL

I was having a look around bittorrent the other day, most top UK and US shows are up for download now, hint to those that want to see more of Lost when the first season ends here tonight 😉
Thanks for the answers and the pics. 🙂 I closest thing we have is PBS which is a commercial free public owned channel. The government partially funds it and the rest comes from public and corporate endownments.

Edd, the omnibus edition might be worth watching. Same in tonights episode, you get to see them but limited footage. I would say not more than a glance. She leaves in a taxi with Phil to the USA in tonights episode.

Patsy Kensit wore blue hightops (old ones) in Bo Selecta charecter (little Bears Christmas Tale) with Sean Pertwee. This is definite as my bro ***** it for me. I dont think she wears them in Emmerdale as her it wouldnt suit the part she plays in the soap.

Back
Top Bottom