G

I'm a 25 year old guy from England who has never posted before, but often used Seekers Basement as an extremely grateful guest! It is so funny at my age to realise my one abiding fetish is, if not commonplace, shared by intelligent, humorous people across the world.
Just thought for fun and comparison I'd fill you in on the status of sneaker wearing by the general female public in the UK:
Sad thing is its less popular this summer season than for a long time. At the moment we have many pop-stars sporting some sort of converse (And this is just as April Levene is about to break in this country, only about to!) a lot of our pop female acts have already copied her skater look.
In terms of keds, that mean so much more to me, things are bleak with only 40+ ladies wearing them. Popular clothes store "Next" (A sort of Gap with middle class values) always has a blue and white sneaker in the style of your standard ked, and the word "Next" embroidered in black on white vertical with the eye/lace holes. These are occasionally spotted on your normal 20 - 30 year old but again sightings are becoming less!

This gets me onto the crux of my message, the only time I see Keds frequently is on US TV shows and films. With that in mind I'd like to ask anyone still reading if they would like to message any keds-sightings in movies (I know in Britain a successful movie guide was released that told people exactly how many minutes into a movie they could see a pair of breasts - so a keds equivalent would be great)

Maybe this is the sort of thing you get into when you use member's messages BUT I'm degree educated but live at home with parents hence no cash!

My favourite Keds-wearer-in-movies is Juliette Lewis who, until recent years, never failed to be in a pair in her films, list your own Keds favourite!

Finally, I have many normal English mags that have pictures of stars wearing keds or similar in them BUT I don't know how to put them in your sample pictures area for Keds. A particular favourite is "Hearsay" (they won our group version of American Idol) with 2 giant pictures of the 3 ladies members in school uniform and all sporting brand new (for the shoot) sneakers (I think what you call converse all star black - not boots). Any advice on the simplest task of getting them on and we all sort of benefit (I have a really old scanner and little graphics capability).

All the best from Brit, JAY

KEDS ON TELLY

KEDS ON TELLY

Jay , Did you watch any of big brother .( it was a bit boring until Kate was wearing white keds , and my intrest grew ). Id come in from work and change channels to see if Kate was wearing my fetish ,the wife was only interested because she liked the programe . And to my surprise Kate won it .Was it the Keds ,to me is was , and the country was backing my theory.
Pretty blond wearing Keds a winner in any Country ....[/siz]

Scanning pics

Scanning pics

Jay,

I would really like to see those pics of hearsay. Are they already scanned?
If not, your scanner software should have a section for resolution(dpi), a section called source, and one called target. You should set your resolution between 72 to 100dpi. That's good enough for web use. Your scanner software should have a preview function that will scan the entire image. The source is the original size. With your mouse, you should be able to click and drag a selection square around the section of the image you want scanned. Once you do this set your target which is your final scan size. Set your width to 8 inches or around 20 cm. Then press scan and save. If you have a simple graphic programs should allow you to compress your image as jpeg. If you don't an uncompressed image will take longer to upload. Do you have dsl? If you do, This shouldn't be a problem.
To upload the images to the site, go the guest section. Go to either the converse or keds groups , click upload , then click browse and find your files, and click open. When you see the names of the files on the site, click upload. It should take a few minutes to upload the file(if you have dsl.)
That's it. This might be more info that you need, but might as well include it all, just in case. If your scanner is too old, you can go to your local copy center. They should have scanners there.Can't wait to see those pics.

Scotty

Hi Jay,

Try getting out to the East End of London as most of the girls there are sporting the old white plimsoles, not quite keds but not a bad substitute!!

garythesaint

Hi All: Among actresses who seem to be Keds (or other) sneaker fans are Goldie Hawn and Julia Roberts. Incidentally, Australia is a great place to see tanned shapely legs with feet enhanced by sneakers of varying makes. A few years ago Elle McPherson graced a calendar whilst prancing on a Queensland beach wearing light-weight sandshoes (plimsolls) with rubber toe caps. A scan of this picture used to be in the archives but it seems to have disappeared.

Best of all though was a short X-rated movie I once saw in Sydney which revolved around a reform school for teenage girls set in the 1950-60s. It included (at least for me) a very arousing scene where four of the girls were sent to the gym for punishment. They were made to remove their shorts and tops for what appeared to be a very painful caning as they bent over a vaulting horse in nothing more than their sandshoes - Lester

Back
Top Bottom