keds81

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
First incident was recently a week back, I saw a girl at the airport security check wearing jeans and the converse one-star skidgrip slip ons sold by Target. She was a couple of persons ahead of me....as we neared the security check point sorta popped her heels out of them and shuffled up the line till she had to take them off completely and put them on the belt for the X-ray machine. After security she just jammed her barefeet feet into them and walked away crushing the backs like mules. Later on I saw her at one of the gates still shuffling in her trashed sneakers.

Second incident was at a B&N bookstore where I saw a college girl wearing low top chucks of two different colors (it seems to be some kinda fashion trend). She had them on with backs crushed and white socks.

Third incident was on the college bus....saw a girl wearing black low top chucks with shorts. She was wearing them barefoot but she musta loved those shoes coz they were extremely well worn and faded and the canvas at the heels was gone. So they actually looks like slingbacks and expose her bare feet and soles. After a while I again saw her walking by....she had one shoe with its almost gone heel crushed under her foot while the other shoe was still worn slingback style!

Anybody seen girls wearing their chucks with backs crushed....I think it mostly gets done when they are in a hurry or have tired feet.

Re: Some interesting converse sightings

I used to see the backs crushed in grade school often with keds type shoes.

Back
Top Bottom