OLYMPIAN

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Nottingham/Derby UK
Hello all.
This is especially to the Australian members.
Do you remember an Australian kids TV drama (circa 1990) The Girl from Tommorow. The 90s street kid "Jenny" wears red high tops in this and I believe series 2 (Tommorows End) wears black/white high tops.

Sometimes she is wearing ordinary black school shoes and white socks.

One episode, Alana (the girl from tommorow) swaps clothes with Jenny and Alana ends up in the red chucks.

I was wondering if there are any screen caps around of this.

I am particularly trying to find the episode where Jenny and her brother are caught snooping in the bad guy's house/offices and get tied up. There is a good bondage scene if my memory serves me right.

Thanks

Re: The girl from tommorow (TV series)

Never watched it myself.. See what I can find when I get back from Shitney on Monday mate.. :icon_biggWalk softly people..

Sorry, mate. I've never heard of it. I'm more of the "Skippy" !!!!!! era (don't tell consforever). I read recently that Sonny of Skippy fame in the 1960's was actually wearing Chucks and while I'm from the state north of where that was made and a keen observer of sneakers all may longish life, I never knew there were any Chucks around in Austrlia back then. We had lots of "gym boots" as high tops were called but never saw Chucks. I can't think of any other Aussie made films with Chucks!

Mornin Chucks fan, I forgot who the little blond girl in Skippy was.. Wasn't she always running around in Keds champs..??.. Mate I grew up in cons "gym Boots"... Never used to look at a girl if she had the black regulation leather shoes on... Only ever sussed out the girls in Cons or Keds or sand shoes... Skippy was made up at Barrenjoey near where I came from as a kid..
Hey Olympian, was "Girl from Tomorrow" the one where she stops the bus going over the cliff at the start..??.. She dressed in a tight blue spandex suite..??.. :icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people..

O.K. OLYMPIAN.. heres the gist..
go to "Ezydvd.com.au" an Ozz vid seller.. in the 2 'search' sections go to childerens section and then above it type in "girl from tomorrow".. Pretty sure they ship international.. If not let me know and I'll get the set and send them to you...

Ok G.F.T. complete box set, 4 disc, region 4 (ozz). $39.83au..
Tomorrows end, region 1-8, $14.92au (looks like #1)
Tomorrows end series 2 region 1-8, $29.83au, Plus shipping.. (looks like #2) Later mate...:icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people..

Hey consforever, so they were real Chucks you had. Where would you get those back then? We definitely never had them in Brizzy. Always a Dunlop man!!

The girl in Skippy's TV name anyway was Clancy I think. I was at Barrenjoey in Sept - but we won't tell the boys what else is made nearby!!!!! My daughter likes to watch but I don't think you even see their feet and as for chucks!!

Afternoon Chucksfan..Actually Skip was made at West Head.. The rest (some scenes)was done at Baranjoey... The ranger station is now a monument to the show.. Yeah, CLANCY.. Who was the other chick..??.. Remember the one where Skip helped rescue a scuba diving Val Taylor from the murky Pittwater.. Hopped off at full speed and got the ranger in his chopper... What a Kangaroo... And the yanks don't believe half of what we tell them about our Roos... Second my friend.. Do you remember the old army disposal stores.. Thats where we used to get our Cons and Star hi's... Navy, Black or white... No lo's... I distinctly remember having con Hi's with the white round RUBBER name patch rondel same place as todays.. The guys that owned the store used to put up a sign at high school when a shipment came in from the U.S.. The girls that wanted sandshoes and Keds Champs were getting them from the now long gone local shoe shop... No, dont let on what is made at Baranjoey and Mona Vale beach.. Sometines Newport Beach as well.. :icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom