Tretorns for Cheerleaders

King,

I totally agree with you. I was down in New Orleans for Mardi Gras probably about ten years ago and during one of the parades a whole dance/cheerleader squad had Tretorns on. It was great!

They look sooo good on women's feet. I bought my wife a couple of pairs of the new ones. They look just as good but the fit is definitely different. She hasn't worn the new ones yet but I doubt they will be as comfortable as the old nylites which were like walking on air. Still I can't wait to see her in them!

I concur

I concur

Guys

I don't know much about tretorns however some of my old friends that were cheerleaders said that canvas sneakers and keds just did not have the sole for bouncing on the floor as tretorns. I do hope that Tretorns would try going back to their orginal style and try to promote their sneaker for tennis and cheerleading. They can increase sales by customizing their sneakers with school team colours. Did you guys know that keds had a tretorn knock off. Look up "keds Ms. Pacman" and you will get a hit.

Killerkeds

I agree, King. Converse are ok but really only the white ones look good to me. They are not feminine enough. Sometimes I like when women wear men's shoes. I think Doc Martens are somewhat sexy but black converse don't do anything for me. They are very popular.

I think I just am into a more preppy look than the "punk" look that Converse gives.

Killer, I don't understand why Tretorn won't try to market themselves more. Like King said if they got one big singer, athlete, etc. to wear them in ads sales would increase. I don't understand why they are trying to market them as a luxury shoe and sell them at expensive stores. They should go back to the old design that everyone was in love with because they were so comfortable and sell them for $30- $40 at Footlocker, etc. With all the retro wear out there it is the perfect time to get them back out there.

Converse not fem

Converse not fem

Tretornluver and King

I agree with both of you guys converse is not look very flatering on a female. I find that it is a sneaker that is mostly worn by guys, however they appeal to young females because of television and other media types. The shows "Gilmore Girls" , "OC" and other shows are mostly featuring Cons. Misha Barton is suppose to be wearing keds sneakers on her show but I have not seen her wear a pair yet. The only thing I have seen her in is Converse and I am getting sick of it. The other thing is i still see some of the grundge era still hanging around. Arvil Lavine is a prime example, and people still find the dark and depressing attractive on females. The preppy look with the short skirts is there, unfortunately it is still being dominated by converse which allot of females are wearing. One more thing many of my female friends like retro however they are looking for things that they could have when they were kids such as the Strawberry Shortcake sneakers that looked like tretrons or the Hang ten sneakers which had the same design. If Tretorns came up with a couple of the 80s popular culture styles they would be able to gain the 25-36 womens market. Every Women would love to have something to remind them of their past.

Killerkeds

You are dead on right.

Tretorn appears to be making some efforts though. I got an email today from Tretorn giving me 25% off a pair. In the email it also said that they have been picked up by 300 new retailers in the last 6 months and have been in over 20 magazines from Allure to GQ. I wish I could see them in some magazines especially if any women are wearing them in photos!!

Back
Top Bottom