RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
Muffy is 35 years old and a member at the local tennis club. Coming from money and marrying in to money, work is something that she's never had to deal with. Most of her spare time is spent at the tennis club and lately dealing with the remodeling project that never seems to end. Today is the start of the club tournament and she plans on arriving early to inspect the area before warming up.

Muffy decides on a new white tennis dress that extends most of the way down her thigh. The Lacoste dress has a tasteful blue stripe down one side and the little crocodile on the front left side. To accompany the dress, she unboxes her new, white canvas Tetorn tennis shoes with a navy blue stripe that matches the accent on her dress. Of course, she also has her trademark pompom socks with the same color navy blue pom. Always coordinated. Always put together. Never a hair out of place. Her mantras for life at the club.

Describe Muffy getting ready and assembling her outfit for the big day. Describe the Tretorns being removed from their box for the first time.

Muffy stood in front of her walk-in closet, a pristine display of elegant simplicity fused with careful curation. The mirrored doors stood open, reflecting her calm, calculated gaze as she considered her clothing options for the club tournament. Today wasn't just another day at the tennis club—it was the start of the tournament season, and she knew every detail mattered. Everything needed to reflect a certain level of polish, one that matched her status and reputation.

She reached for the freshly hung Lacoste tennis dress, its white fabric practically glowing under the soft closet lighting. The textured material was smooth yet breathable, extending just enough down her thigh to be both chic and practical. Muffy couldn't help but admire the tasteful placement of the dress’ blue stripe down the right side, expertly accenting the clean lines of the silhouette. She lightly fingered the small, iconic crocodile logo stitched on the front—a subtle but firm reminder of luxury. Just so. She nodded almost to herself, pleased with the choice.

Setting the dress on the cushioned bench nearby, she moved to the shelf where her new canvas Tretorn tennis shoes were meticulously stacked, still hidden from the world. She could already imagine the satisfying squeak of the rubber soles on the freshly resurfaced tennis courts. She set the shoebox carefully on the bench and paused for a moment, savoring the anticipation, and finally lifted the lid.

The crisp sound of cardboard releasing filled the quiet, air-conditioned room. Muffy peeled back the tissue paper, each crinkle an auditory echo of fresh beginnings. The first gleam of the white canvas appeared, almost sparkling under the lights. She gently lifted the left shoe out first—there it was, that immaculate canvas, unmarred by dirt or wear. The navy blue stripe, identical in shade to the one on her dress, ran neatly along the edge, an elegant contrast to the stark white. The cushioned insole promised support, but Muffy barely noted such practical things; for her, these shoes were not just tennis gear, they were part of the overall presentation that she cultivated with fastidious care.

She held the shoe in her hand a moment longer, savoring the newness of it all. The canvas surface was firm yet malleable, hinting at the promise of molding itself perfectly to her form with wear. Muffy inhaled deeply, taking in the faint, almost clinical scent of brand-new rubber and fabric, before reaching for the second shoe. Inside the box, folded beneath soft padding, were two short pamphlets—a standard product info leaflet and a postcard-sized photograph of a sun-drenched tennis court. Muffy tossed them aside with graceful indifference and took out the other shoe.

With the Tretorns now properly positioned side by side on the bench, she selected a pair of her signature pompom socks out of the drawer below. The little navy pompoms would sit perfectly at the base of her heel, just peeking out above the shoes, providing that extra layer of coordinated flair that would undoubtedly draw admiring glances as she made her entrance.

Sliding into the dress, Muffy glanced at herself in the full-length mirror. The cut gently hugged her frame, the fabric moving with her as she adjusted the hem ever-so-slightly to ensure the perfect fit. She tugged at her ponytail, tightening the elastic and smoothing out any invisible imperfections in her blonde hair, which fell in perfect symmetry down her back. Not a strand out of place—a non-negotiable in her world.

Finally, with purpose, Muffy sat on the bench and slid her foot into the first Tretorn. The shoe embraced her foot with a satisfying snugness, wrapping around her arch in a way that felt both secure and celebratory. She tied the laces with practiced swiftness, ensuring the knot was neither too tight nor too casual—everything in proportion, everything balanced. Repeating the process for the second shoe, she stood up and flexed her toes, feeling the slight give of the soft canvas. They felt perfect—new but familiar, like they were always meant to complement her.

Muffy stepped back and admired the full ensemble in the mirror. The coordinated navy accents, the crisp white of both the dress and shoes—style that was refined yet athletic, with an air of effortlessness that belied how much meticulous planning had gone into each choice. She gave one last approving glance at her reflection and strolled toward the door.

The tournament could wait a few more moments, but Muffy knew she was already winning.

Muffy stood in front of her walk-in closet, a pristine display of elegant simplicity fused with careful curation. The mirrored doors stood open, reflecting her calm, calculated gaze as she considered her clothing options for the club tournament. Today wasn't just another day at the tennis club—it was the start of the tournament season, and she knew every detail mattered. Everything needed to reflect a certain level of polish, one that matched her status and reputation.

She reached for the freshly hung Lacoste tennis dress, its white fabric practically glowing under the soft closet lighting. The textured material was smooth yet breathable, extending just enough down her thigh to be both chic and practical. Muffy couldn't help but admire the tasteful placement of the dress’ blue stripe down the right side, expertly accenting the clean lines of the silhouette. She lightly fingered the small, iconic crocodile logo stitched on the front—a subtle but firm reminder of luxury. Just so. She nodded almost to herself, pleased with the choice.

Setting the dress on the cushioned bench nearby, she moved to the shelf where her new canvas Tretorn tennis shoes were meticulously stacked, still hidden from the world. She could already imagine the satisfying squeak of the rubber soles on the freshly resurfaced tennis courts. She set the shoebox carefully on the bench and paused for a moment, savoring the anticipation, and finally lifted the lid.

The crisp sound of cardboard releasing filled the quiet, air-conditioned room. Muffy peeled back the tissue paper, each crinkle an auditory echo of fresh beginnings. The first gleam of the white canvas appeared, almost sparkling under the lights. She gently lifted the left shoe out first—there it was, that immaculate canvas, unmarred by dirt or wear. The navy blue stripe, identical in shade to the one on her dress, ran neatly along the edge, an elegant contrast to the stark white. The cushioned insole promised support, but Muffy barely noted such practical things; for her, these shoes were not just tennis gear, they were part of the overall presentation that she cultivated with fastidious care.

She held the shoe in her hand a moment longer, savoring the newness of it all. The canvas surface was firm yet malleable, hinting at the promise of molding itself perfectly to her form with wear. Muffy inhaled deeply, taking in the faint, almost clinical scent of brand-new rubber and fabric, before reaching for the second shoe. Inside the box, folded beneath soft padding, were two short pamphlets—a standard product info leaflet and a postcard-sized photograph of a sun-drenched tennis court. Muffy tossed them aside with graceful indifference and took out the other shoe.

With the Tretorns now properly positioned side by side on the bench, she selected a pair of her signature pompom socks out of the drawer below. The little navy pompoms would sit perfectly at the base of her heel, just peeking out above the shoes, providing that extra layer of coordinated flair that would undoubtedly draw admiring glances as she made her entrance.

Sliding into the dress, Muffy glanced at herself in the full-length mirror. The cut gently hugged her frame, the fabric moving with her as she adjusted the hem ever-so-slightly to ensure the perfect fit. She tugged at her ponytail, tightening the elastic and smoothing out any invisible imperfections in her blonde hair, which fell in perfect symmetry down her back. Not a strand out of place—a non-negotiable in her world.

Finally, with purpose, Muffy sat on the bench and slid her foot into the first Tretorn. The shoe embraced her foot with a satisfying snugness, wrapping around her arch in a way that felt both secure and celebratory. She tied the laces with practiced swiftness, ensuring the knot was neither too tight nor too casual—everything in proportion, everything balanced. Repeating the process for the second shoe, she stood up and flexed her toes, feeling the slight give of the soft canvas. They felt perfect—new but familiar, like they were always meant to complement her.

Muffy stepped back and admired the full ensemble in the mirror. The coordinated navy accents, the crisp white of both the dress and shoes—style that was refined yet athletic, with an air of effortlessness that belied how much meticulous planning had gone into each choice. She gave one last approving glance at her reflection and strolled toward the door.

The tournament could wait a few more moments, but Muffy knew she was already winning.
Upon arriving at the club, Muffy noticed Alexandra heading to her car. Muffy asked her where she was going and at the same time noticed an unsightly mud stain across the front of her white leather K-Swiss tennis shoe. Exacerbated, Alexandra pointed at her shoes and she was going home for a different pair. She explained that entrance to the courts is still not finished and when she tried to jump over the muddy construction area, she ended up with some mud on the right toe. Completely unacceptable. She was going home to change and would be back shortly.

Alexandra complimented Muffy on her outfit noticing the coordination. Describe Alexandra's mishap and compliment to Muffy and the resulting conversation.

Upon arriving at the club, Muffy noticed Alexandra heading to her car. Muffy asked her where she was going and at the same time noticed an unsightly mud stain across the front of her white leather K-Swiss tennis shoe. Exacerbated, Alexandra pointed at her shoes and she was going home for a different pair. She explained that entrance to the courts is still not finished and when she tried to jump over the muddy construction area, she ended up with some mud on the right toe. Completely unacceptable. She was going home to change and would be back shortly.

Alexandra complimented Muffy on her outfit noticing the coordination. Describe Alexandra's mishap and compliment to Muffy and the resulting conversation.
As Muffy gracefully stepped out of her car and made her way toward the entrance of the tennis club, the morning sunlight reflected off her flawless ensemble. The rhythmic crunch of the driveway gravel under her fresh Tretorns filled her with quiet confidence. Her eyes immediately honed in on Alexandra, who was hurrying toward her car, a distinct look of frustration clouding her otherwise composed expression.

“Alexandra, darling!” Muffy called out in that practiced, poised way of hers, her voice carrying just enough warmth to appear friendly but never overly familiar. “Where are you off to? The tournament’s about to start.”

Alexandra had a grumpy look plastered on her face as she slowed her strides, sighing dramatically before turning around to face Muffy. "Oh, you won’t believe it,” she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation. “I’m going home to change. Look at this." Alexandra pointed accusingly down at her right foot, and Muffy’s gaze followed. Her eyes widened, quickly zeroing in on the unsightly offense.

There it was—a streak of dark, damp mud splattered across the white leather front of Alexandra’s normally pristine K-Swiss tennis shoe, marring its entire appearance. The rich, chocolate-colored smear stood in stark contrast to the crisp white, creating a visual affront that almost made Muffy wince.

“Oh, no..." Muffy’s eyebrows arched just slightly in concern, though a part of her was inwardly grateful it hadn’t been her shoes that had met such a tragic fate. She glanced up, her voice laced with empathy but also puzzlement. "What happened?”

Alexandra pointed back toward the club entrance, where construction equipment still loitered ominously. “You see that mess they still haven’t finished? The new path to the courts is totally blocked off. If I’d known it was still muddy, I would have taken the parking lot detour, but of course I tried to jump across it in a hurry." She sighed, shaking her head. "And that’s when I landed smack in this disgusting mud patch. Completely unacceptable. These were new," she stressed, giving the mud-covered shoe another glare.

Muffy nodded, glancing briefly toward the construction zone. Of course, that project. The never-ending headache. "I know how much you've been looking forward to playing today, especially with your new K-Swiss,” she said, her voice empathetic but with a subtle undercurrent of ‘I wouldn’t even risk jumping over that.' "It’s awful they haven’t finished the pavement yet. Honestly, I don’t know what’s taking them so long."

“I know, right?!" Alexandra sputtered in agreement. She crossed her arms and huffed, clearly at her wit's end. "I'm just going to run home and get another pair of shoes before someone else sees me like this. I can't possibly play looking like… like this,” she added, motioning toward the mud stain again, as if it might worsen just by her mentioning it.

Before she could storm off further, Alexandra caught sight of Muffy’s outfit, her eyes sweeping over it quickly before they widened in recognition. Her disgruntlement softened somewhat as she took in Muffy’s flawless look from head to toe. "Oh, my God, Muffy,” she said with genuine admiration cutting through her frustration. “You look amazing! The coordination—I swear, only you could pull off the exact navy accent on your shoes and dress like that."

Muffy’s lips curved into a modest but self-assured smile. She gently smoothed the fabric of her Lacoste dress, pleased that even in the midst of Alexandra’s muddy catastrophe, she still received the recognition she deserved. “Why, thank you, Alexandra. You know me—just a little attention to detail,” she said casually, though inwardly, she was reveling in the compliment. She gave a playful glance at the little navy pompoms on her socks, turning slightly so they peeked out from her sneakers in view. “I figured, why not have a bit of fun with it today, right?”

Alexandra rolled her eyes—this time, not in annoyance but in playful awe. “Oh, ‘just a little’ attention, please,” she said with a smirk. “It’s genius. Even the socks—lord, Muffy, you’re impossible. You always have everything so perfectly put together. Why can't I ever get that level of coordination?”

“Well, it’s all in the preparation, darling,” Muffy replied with a gracious tilt of her head. “But I do love your outfit too. Those K-Swiss were stunning... before, well, you know.” Her eyes flitted briefly to the mud-streaked shoe, lightly acknowledging the elephant—or rather, the muddy shoe—in the room, but without dwelling on it.

Alexandra nodded, laughing a little despite herself. “Yeah, well, not so stunning now. I’ll be back soon, wearing a less tragic pair,” she said dramatically, turning toward her car. As she opened the door, she glanced back at Muffy, waving slightly. “Save me a seat courtside—assuming I make it back without another fashion disaster.”

“Of course!” Muffy called after her, watching as Alexandra got into her car and sped off, eager to remove herself from her muddy embarrassment. Muffy gave a small sigh of relief, then looked down at her spotless white Tretorns, the chic navy stripe gleaming in the sun.

Crisis averted... for now.

With a last glance at the construction area Alexandra had mentioned, Muffy adjusted her sunglasses, turned her gaze back toward the club entrance, and strode elegantly toward the courts, her perfect ensemble untouched by the chaos around her.

As Muffy gracefully stepped out of her car and made her way toward the entrance of the tennis club, the morning sunlight reflected off her flawless ensemble. The rhythmic crunch of the driveway gravel under her fresh Tretorns filled her with quiet confidence. Her eyes immediately honed in on Alexandra, who was hurrying toward her car, a distinct look of frustration clouding her otherwise composed expression.

“Alexandra, darling!” Muffy called out in that practiced, poised way of hers, her voice carrying just enough warmth to appear friendly but never overly familiar. “Where are you off to? The tournament’s about to start.”

Alexandra had a grumpy look plastered on her face as she slowed her strides, sighing dramatically before turning around to face Muffy. "Oh, you won’t believe it,” she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in exasperation. “I’m going home to change. Look at this." Alexandra pointed accusingly down at her right foot, and Muffy’s gaze followed. Her eyes widened, quickly zeroing in on the unsightly offense.

There it was—a streak of dark, damp mud splattered across the white leather front of Alexandra’s normally pristine K-Swiss tennis shoe, marring its entire appearance. The rich, chocolate-colored smear stood in stark contrast to the crisp white, creating a visual affront that almost made Muffy wince.

“Oh, no..." Muffy’s eyebrows arched just slightly in concern, though a part of her was inwardly grateful it hadn’t been her shoes that had met such a tragic fate. She glanced up, her voice laced with empathy but also puzzlement. "What happened?”

Alexandra pointed back toward the club entrance, where construction equipment still loitered ominously. “You see that mess they still haven’t finished? The new path to the courts is totally blocked off. If I’d known it was still muddy, I would have taken the parking lot detour, but of course I tried to jump across it in a hurry." She sighed, shaking her head. "And that’s when I landed smack in this disgusting mud patch. Completely unacceptable. These were new," she stressed, giving the mud-covered shoe another glare.

Muffy nodded, glancing briefly toward the construction zone. Of course, that project. The never-ending headache. "I know how much you've been looking forward to playing today, especially with your new K-Swiss,” she said, her voice empathetic but with a subtle undercurrent of ‘I wouldn’t even risk jumping over that.' "It’s awful they haven’t finished the pavement yet. Honestly, I don’t know what’s taking them so long."

“I know, right?!" Alexandra sputtered in agreement. She crossed her arms and huffed, clearly at her wit's end. "I'm just going to run home and get another pair of shoes before someone else sees me like this. I can't possibly play looking like… like this,” she added, motioning toward the mud stain again, as if it might worsen just by her mentioning it.

Before she could storm off further, Alexandra caught sight of Muffy’s outfit, her eyes sweeping over it quickly before they widened in recognition. Her disgruntlement softened somewhat as she took in Muffy’s flawless look from head to toe. "Oh, my God, Muffy,” she said with genuine admiration cutting through her frustration. “You look amazing! The coordination—I swear, only you could pull off the exact navy accent on your shoes and dress like that."

Muffy’s lips curved into a modest but self-assured smile. She gently smoothed the fabric of her Lacoste dress, pleased that even in the midst of Alexandra’s muddy catastrophe, she still received the recognition she deserved. “Why, thank you, Alexandra. You know me—just a little attention to detail,” she said casually, though inwardly, she was reveling in the compliment. She gave a playful glance at the little navy pompoms on her socks, turning slightly so they peeked out from her sneakers in view. “I figured, why not have a bit of fun with it today, right?”

Alexandra rolled her eyes—this time, not in annoyance but in playful awe. “Oh, ‘just a little’ attention, please,” she said with a smirk. “It’s genius. Even the socks—lord, Muffy, you’re impossible. You always have everything so perfectly put together. Why can't I ever get that level of coordination?”

“Well, it’s all in the preparation, darling,” Muffy replied with a gracious tilt of her head. “But I do love your outfit too. Those K-Swiss were stunning... before, well, you know.” Her eyes flitted briefly to the mud-streaked shoe, lightly acknowledging the elephant—or rather, the muddy shoe—in the room, but without dwelling on it.

Alexandra nodded, laughing a little despite herself. “Yeah, well, not so stunning now. I’ll be back soon, wearing a less tragic pair,” she said dramatically, turning toward her car. As she opened the door, she glanced back at Muffy, waving slightly. “Save me a seat courtside—assuming I make it back without another fashion disaster.”

“Of course!” Muffy called after her, watching as Alexandra got into her car and sped off, eager to remove herself from her muddy embarrassment. Muffy gave a small sigh of relief, then looked down at her spotless white Tretorns, the chic navy stripe gleaming in the sun.

Crisis averted... for now.

With a last glance at the construction area Alexandra had mentioned, Muffy adjusted her sunglasses, turned her gaze back toward the club entrance, and strode elegantly toward the courts, her perfect ensemble untouched by the chaos around her.
Muffy approaches the club manager and expresses her frustration with the construction and the resulting mess near the entrance. She explains what happened to Alexandra. He doesn't seem to have any answers other than things have been delayed due to a worker breaking the water line to the water fountain next to the courts and not noticing until the next day when the area was flooded. Describe her terse conversation with the manager.

Muffy feels like she has to take matters into her own hands. Describe her rounding up some college kid and going to the entrance to the courts to assess the muddy mess. What do they see? What does she say?

Receiving no satisfaction, she

Muffy approaches the club manager and expresses her frustration with the construction and the resulting mess near the entrance. She explains what happened to Alexandra. He doesn't seem to have any answers other than things have been delayed due to a worker breaking the water line to the water fountain next to the courts and not noticing until the next day when the area was flooded. Describe her terse conversation with the manager.

Muffy feels like she has to take matters into her own hands. Describe her rounding up some college kid and going to the entrance to the courts to assess the muddy mess. What do they see? What does she say?

Receiving no satisfaction, she
Muffy, looking very much the part of the refined tennis doyenne in her pristine Lacoste outfit, made her way through the clubhouse corridors with purpose. Her Tretorns glided across the polished marble floors, but her mood was anything but smooth. It was absolutely unacceptable that on the day of the tournament, the entrance to the courts was still a disaster zone, and poor Alexandra had paid the price—her K-Swiss shoes now a casualty of some ill-planned construction project. With shoulders squared and eyes sharp, Muffy spotted Gregory, the club manager, engrossed in a conversation with one of the catering staff by the lobby desk.

"Gregory," Muffy’s voice was clipped as she approached, interrupting his chat. She didn’t often adopt this tone, but today the inefficiencies of the club had tested her patience. "We need to talk about the construction. It’s an absolute mess out there." She gestured vaguely with one hand toward the entrance area, where Alexandra had met her muddy fate.

Gregory turned toward her, his expression faltering the moment he saw Muffy's composure tinged with agitation. He swallowed visibly, already knowing any discussion with Muffy in such a mood would be… difficult, to say the least.

"I’m aware of the issues, Mrs. Hartford," Gregory began, clasping his hands in front of him in a show of attentiveness, "but there have been some unfortunate delays. We’re doing everything we can…"

Muffy’s eyes narrowed slightly, her lips pressed into a thin line. “Unfortunate delays? Gregory, this isn’t merely an inconvenience. This is a public relations crisis. I have ladies showing up to the tournament, Alexandra, for one, and getting mud on their shoes. We’re hosting a tournament at one of the most exclusive clubs in town, and yet I’m presented with mud… everywhere!"

Gregory winced. "I understand your concern, but the situation is—"

“Unacceptable," Muffy cut in smoothly, a well-controlled edge to her voice. "What’s taking so long? Why should any of us have to navigate around construction as though this is a common public park?"

"Well," Gregory stammered, trying to maintain his calm, "one of the construction workers accidentally ruptured a water line near the fountain by the courts. They didn’t realize it until the following day, and—"

“A water line?" Muffy blinked—more out of disdain than curiosity. "You’re telling me that the entrance looks like a war zone because someone carelessly broke a pipe… and no one noticed until it flooded? You cannot be serious." Her voice lowered to a steely calm that conveyed just how little patience she had left.

Gregory shifted uncomfortably, his face now tinged with pink. “It’s… it’s been complicated coordinating repairs. The grounds were flooded, so we’ve been delayed, and now we’re waiting on a specialist to—”

“That’s enough." Muffy held up a hand. "I don’t want excuses." She stepped closer, meeting his gaze directly. "What I want are results. And so does everyone else. Now, if you won’t take care of it, I will."

Before Gregory could respond—muttering something about the repairs being scheduled for next week—Muffy turned on her heel and walked briskly away. She was done listening to inadequate explanations.

---

Minutes later, Muffy found herself outside near the side of the building where several younger club employees usually lounged between tasks. Sure enough, she spotted a familiar face—Ryan, one of the college kids who often helped with setting up events and maintaining the club grounds. He was mid-conversation with a co-worker, leaning against a golf cart, looking far more relaxed than he should have given the situation.

"Ryan," Muffy called sharply, her tone brooking no argument.

He straightened immediately upon spotting her, a mix of respect and concern in his expression. "Yes, Mrs. Hartford?"

"I need you to come with me to the court entrance.” Her words weren’t a request, but a command laced with urgency. Without waiting for him to respond, she began walking toward the construction area. After a moment of hesitation, Ryan scrambled to follow her, jogging slightly to keep pace with her swift steps.

They arrived at the entrance to the courts—once a charming archway lined with blooming shrubs but now an eyesore, the paved path dug up for what appeared to be an eternity. The temporary fencing was awkwardly angled, and piles of dirt and equipment, abandoned by the workers, loomed nearby. There, right in the middle, was the patch of mud that had claimed Alexandra’s shoe. It was still slick, wet, and, after having been exposed to the sun, started to give off that faintly unpleasant, earthy smell of stagnant water.

Muffy came to an abrupt stop at the edge of the mess, her thin, coral-painted lips trembling in silent critique. Both hands rested on her hips as her eyes raked over the disaster at her feet.

Ryan shifted awkwardly next to her, unsure of where to look. “Uh, yeah, it’s pretty bad,” he said, attempting what might have been empathy.

"Bad? Bad doesn’t begin to describe this,” Muffy snapped, turning to him. “It’s utterly disgraceful. The mere thought that our guests—our members—are expected to navigate this," she gestured towards the muddy patch in disgust, "is intolerable."

Ryan nodded, quickly agreeing, sensing that silence was not the safer option. "Yeah, it's not great," he echoed apologetically, shuffling his feet.

She pursed her lips, her mind already whirring with the prospects of what needed to be done. “We need this handled now, not next week, not ‘whenever,’ but immediately. Can you do anything, Ryan? At least clear the mud or put some planks down so people can actually get to the courts without wading through this swamp?"

Ryan scratched the back of his head. "I-I think we might have some plywood in the storage shed, maybe some gravel. If I get a couple of the guys—"

“Get them,” Muffy interrupted, nodding curtly. “Call them right now. I don’t care what you have to do, but this eyesore needs to be gone. You can find a tarp, plywood, whatever… Just fix this.”

Ryan gulped, muttering something about finding help as he quickly jogged off, leaving Muffy in the midst of the chaos. She took a deep breath, adjusting the strap of her tennis bag over her shoulder, surveying the loose dirt that littered the surrounding area.

But even as she demanded action, she knew this wasn’t enough. Gregory’s incompetence wasn’t just a matter of inconvenience—it was a stain on the reputation of the club, her club. And for Muffy, anything less than perfection was an affront she could not abide.

---

Standing there alone in the sun’s glare, Muffy pulled out her phone. There were calls to make right now—people far more capable than Gregory or his crew. If the club thought they could drop the ball without consequence, Muffy would ensure they were sorely mistaken. Even the faintest whiff of incompetence on the board’s part could put them in hot water once she made her dissatisfaction known.

As she punched in the first number, her mind was already moving several steps ahead toward her next action plan. Taking matters into her own hands was, after all, something she had mastered long ago.

Muffy, looking very much the part of the refined tennis doyenne in her pristine Lacoste outfit, made her way through the clubhouse corridors with purpose. Her Tretorns glided across the polished marble floors, but her mood was anything but smooth. It was absolutely unacceptable that on the day of the tournament, the entrance to the courts was still a disaster zone, and poor Alexandra had paid the price—her K-Swiss shoes now a casualty of some ill-planned construction project. With shoulders squared and eyes sharp, Muffy spotted Gregory, the club manager, engrossed in a conversation with one of the catering staff by the lobby desk.

"Gregory," Muffy’s voice was clipped as she approached, interrupting his chat. She didn’t often adopt this tone, but today the inefficiencies of the club had tested her patience. "We need to talk about the construction. It’s an absolute mess out there." She gestured vaguely with one hand toward the entrance area, where Alexandra had met her muddy fate.

Gregory turned toward her, his expression faltering the moment he saw Muffy's composure tinged with agitation. He swallowed visibly, already knowing any discussion with Muffy in such a mood would be… difficult, to say the least.

"I’m aware of the issues, Mrs. Hartford," Gregory began, clasping his hands in front of him in a show of attentiveness, "but there have been some unfortunate delays. We’re doing everything we can…"

Muffy’s eyes narrowed slightly, her lips pressed into a thin line. “Unfortunate delays? Gregory, this isn’t merely an inconvenience. This is a public relations crisis. I have ladies showing up to the tournament, Alexandra, for one, and getting mud on their shoes. We’re hosting a tournament at one of the most exclusive clubs in town, and yet I’m presented with mud… everywhere!"

Gregory winced. "I understand your concern, but the situation is—"

“Unacceptable," Muffy cut in smoothly, a well-controlled edge to her voice. "What’s taking so long? Why should any of us have to navigate around construction as though this is a common public park?"

"Well," Gregory stammered, trying to maintain his calm, "one of the construction workers accidentally ruptured a water line near the fountain by the courts. They didn’t realize it until the following day, and—"

“A water line?" Muffy blinked—more out of disdain than curiosity. "You’re telling me that the entrance looks like a war zone because someone carelessly broke a pipe… and no one noticed until it flooded? You cannot be serious." Her voice lowered to a steely calm that conveyed just how little patience she had left.

Gregory shifted uncomfortably, his face now tinged with pink. “It’s… it’s been complicated coordinating repairs. The grounds were flooded, so we’ve been delayed, and now we’re waiting on a specialist to—”

“That’s enough." Muffy held up a hand. "I don’t want excuses." She stepped closer, meeting his gaze directly. "What I want are results. And so does everyone else. Now, if you won’t take care of it, I will."

Before Gregory could respond—muttering something about the repairs being scheduled for next week—Muffy turned on her heel and walked briskly away. She was done listening to inadequate explanations.

---

Minutes later, Muffy found herself outside near the side of the building where several younger club employees usually lounged between tasks. Sure enough, she spotted a familiar face—Ryan, one of the college kids who often helped with setting up events and maintaining the club grounds. He was mid-conversation with a co-worker, leaning against a golf cart, looking far more relaxed than he should have given the situation.

"Ryan," Muffy called sharply, her tone brooking no argument.

He straightened immediately upon spotting her, a mix of respect and concern in his expression. "Yes, Mrs. Hartford?"

"I need you to come with me to the court entrance.” Her words weren’t a request, but a command laced with urgency. Without waiting for him to respond, she began walking toward the construction area. After a moment of hesitation, Ryan scrambled to follow her, jogging slightly to keep pace with her swift steps.

They arrived at the entrance to the courts—once a charming archway lined with blooming shrubs but now an eyesore, the paved path dug up for what appeared to be an eternity. The temporary fencing was awkwardly angled, and piles of dirt and equipment, abandoned by the workers, loomed nearby. There, right in the middle, was the patch of mud that had claimed Alexandra’s shoe. It was still slick, wet, and, after having been exposed to the sun, started to give off that faintly unpleasant, earthy smell of stagnant water.

Muffy came to an abrupt stop at the edge of the mess, her thin, coral-painted lips trembling in silent critique. Both hands rested on her hips as her eyes raked over the disaster at her feet.

Ryan shifted awkwardly next to her, unsure of where to look. “Uh, yeah, it’s pretty bad,” he said, attempting what might have been empathy.

"Bad? Bad doesn’t begin to describe this,” Muffy snapped, turning to him. “It’s utterly disgraceful. The mere thought that our guests—our members—are expected to navigate this," she gestured towards the muddy patch in disgust, "is intolerable."

Ryan nodded, quickly agreeing, sensing that silence was not the safer option. "Yeah, it's not great," he echoed apologetically, shuffling his feet.

She pursed her lips, her mind already whirring with the prospects of what needed to be done. “We need this handled now, not next week, not ‘whenever,’ but immediately. Can you do anything, Ryan? At least clear the mud or put some planks down so people can actually get to the courts without wading through this swamp?"

Ryan scratched the back of his head. "I-I think we might have some plywood in the storage shed, maybe some gravel. If I get a couple of the guys—"

“Get them,” Muffy interrupted, nodding curtly. “Call them right now. I don’t care what you have to do, but this eyesore needs to be gone. You can find a tarp, plywood, whatever… Just fix this.”

Ryan gulped, muttering something about finding help as he quickly jogged off, leaving Muffy in the midst of the chaos. She took a deep breath, adjusting the strap of her tennis bag over her shoulder, surveying the loose dirt that littered the surrounding area.

But even as she demanded action, she knew this wasn’t enough. Gregory’s incompetence wasn’t just a matter of inconvenience—it was a stain on the reputation of the club, her club. And for Muffy, anything less than perfection was an affront she could not abide.

---

Standing there alone in the sun’s glare, Muffy pulled out her phone. There were calls to make right now—people far more capable than Gregory or his crew. If the club thought they could drop the ball without consequence, Muffy would ensure they were sorely mistaken. Even the faintest whiff of incompetence on the board’s part could put them in hot water once she made her dissatisfaction known.

As she punched in the first number, her mind was already moving several steps ahead toward her next action plan. Taking matters into her own hands was, after all, something she had mastered long ago.
Describe the contrast that Muffy noticed as she stood at the edge of the mud looking down across her outfit and out into the mess. Guests would be arriving soon.

How wide was the muddy area?

Muffy spots Alexandra, already back at the club. She changed out of her K-Swiss and into a pair of Nikes that didn't exude the same exclusivity of K-Swiss or Tretorns.

Describe the contrast that Muffy noticed as she stood at the edge of the mud looking down across her outfit and out into the mess. Guests would be arriving soon.

How wide was the muddy area?

Muffy spots Alexandra, already back at the club. She changed out of her K-Swiss and into a pair of Nikes that didn't exude the same exclusivity of K-Swiss or Tretorns.
As Muffy stood at the edge of the muddy chaos, the contrast between her pristine appearance and the disarray laid out before her couldn’t have been more pronounced. The sunlight glinted off her immaculate white Lacoste dress, the blue stripe down its side as sharp as her disapproving gaze. Her newly unboxed white Tretorn tennis shoes, accompanied by the perfectly positioned navy pompom socks, were untouched by the filth that lay just inches away—like a barrier separating two entirely different worlds.

She glanced down, momentarily admiring the way the grass beneath her feet appeared, almost as though it were part of her tableau. Her shoes and socks, still spotless, contrasted sharply with the muck ahead. The crisp canvas of her sneakers seemed to glow in defiance of the mess, while the mud in front of her—dark, sticky, and still slightly moist from the broken pipe—oozed in rebellion, a visual reminder of the incompetence that had led to this moment.

As her eyes trailed across the muddy field, she took stock of its unfortunate scale. The construction area was roughly fifteen feet wide and stretching about twenty feet, a sizable blight on an otherwise immaculate setting. The mud, thick and deep in places, had spread out unevenly from the central pit the workers had dug up for repairs. It was obvious the area had been left unattended; tire tracks and footprints hardened in the dried portions, while fresh patches still squelched beneath the occasional movement of rogue construction materials. The sight of scraped dirt and half-dug trenches presented itself as a stark, offensive counterpoint to the elegance expected at an exclusive tennis club.

And yet, here it was—a quagmire, exactly where club members would soon have to pass to access the courts. She could already hear the whispers of dismay, the complaints, the shocked gasps… No one, least of all Muffy herself, could imagine arriving for a day of tennis in this chaos.

An involuntary gust of wind blew a faint whiff of the earthy, slightly metallic smell across the mess, and she took a step back, making sure not to dirty herself in any way. The sight was enough—Muffy wasn’t about to tempt fate. Leaning over, she inspected the scope of the disaster more closely. Where once there had been a straight path leading directly to the courts, inviting players to stroll in and enjoy a casual yet aristocratic afternoon of sport, now there was only an impasse.

The disarray might as well have been a chasm to her. Muffy’s lip curled slightly at the thought of any mud venturing even near her spotless footwear.

As if summoned by the absurdity of it all, she spotted Alexandra in the distance, weaving her way back toward the courts. Muffy lifted her chin to get a better view, momentarily distracted from the mud, focusing on Alexandra’s hastily changed footwear. No longer wearing her white K-Swiss—the pristine shoes that had, tragically, fallen victim to the mud earlier—she was now trudging through the club’s lot in a pair of Nikes.

Muffy’s jaw tensed as she observed the sneakers. They weren’t bad, per se—and yet, that was the issue. They were unforgivably ordinary.

Unlike the exclusivity and polish of K-Swiss and even her beloved Tretorns, the Nikes screamed "generic fitness wear," the kind of shoe one might wear to a gym, a jog, or worse—a public park. The minimalism of the white-and-gray Nikes, while functional, lacked the curated sophistication of a planned tennis wardrobe. Alexandra, clearly in a rush to get back, hadn’t even tried to match them to her outfit; her glimmer of sartorial brilliance—much like her K-Swiss—was now muddied, gone.

Muffy narrowed her eyes, disappointment creeping up the back of her neck. She could sense that Alexandra had reluctantly accepted her fate of wearing lesser shoes for the day. It was a deeply unsatisfying compromise, one which Muffy herself would never allow. She held herself to a higher standard. Exclusive, coordinated, flawless.

As Alexandra approached, she glanced down at her changed shoes, her face still flushed from earlier embarrassment. “I’m back,” she called, her voice tinged with exasperation. Then, with a faint grimace, she added, “And, uh, don’t even look at these. I know they’re not exactly… K-Swiss—but I couldn’t deal with the mud situation again.”

Muffy lifted a brow but said nothing about the shoes directly. Instead, she flicked her eyes back to the muddy patch, then down once more at her own ensemble. The contrast now felt even starker—the pristine, crisp whites of her clothing, the polished elegance she exuded, all spoiled by what lay beyond. The mud was a reminder that no matter how carefully one prepared or planned, the incompetence of others could always threaten to derail even the most refined of days.

“It’s not your fault,” Muffy murmured, forcing herself to return Alexandra’s gaze. “Though I can see why you’d feel...” she hesitated, “compromised.”

Alexandra gave a rueful chuckle, her posture relaxing slightly. “They weren’t my first choice. But I had no time, and well... you’ve seen the mess.”

"I have." Muffy’s voice was measured, firm. “But it’s temporary. I’ve spoken to Ryan, and I've told him to get some guys and sort out this,” she waved a hand towards the mud, “...disaster.”

“That’s good to hear," Alexandra said, clearly relieved. She fidgeted slightly. “Let’s hope they take care of it quickly. I just—there are going to be others arriving soon, and it’s just so... embarrassing.”

“They will.” Muffy’s tone carried an air of finality. “Because if they don’t, I will take care of it myself.”

Muffy cast one more glance down at her pristine Tretorns, still as flawless as when she'd unboxed them that morning. She turned her gaze back to the muddy battlefield ahead. Guests were imminent, and so was the solution—one way or another.

For in Muffy’s world, where refinement met determination, perfection wasn’t just an ideal—it was an expectation.

And no amount of mud stood a chance against that.

As Muffy stood at the edge of the muddy chaos, the contrast between her pristine appearance and the disarray laid out before her couldn’t have been more pronounced. The sunlight glinted off her immaculate white Lacoste dress, the blue stripe down its side as sharp as her disapproving gaze. Her newly unboxed white Tretorn tennis shoes, accompanied by the perfectly positioned navy pompom socks, were untouched by the filth that lay just inches away—like a barrier separating two entirely different worlds.

She glanced down, momentarily admiring the way the grass beneath her feet appeared, almost as though it were part of her tableau. Her shoes and socks, still spotless, contrasted sharply with the muck ahead. The crisp canvas of her sneakers seemed to glow in defiance of the mess, while the mud in front of her—dark, sticky, and still slightly moist from the broken pipe—oozed in rebellion, a visual reminder of the incompetence that had led to this moment.

As her eyes trailed across the muddy field, she took stock of its unfortunate scale. The construction area was roughly fifteen feet wide and stretching about twenty feet, a sizable blight on an otherwise immaculate setting. The mud, thick and deep in places, had spread out unevenly from the central pit the workers had dug up for repairs. It was obvious the area had been left unattended; tire tracks and footprints hardened in the dried portions, while fresh patches still squelched beneath the occasional movement of rogue construction materials. The sight of scraped dirt and half-dug trenches presented itself as a stark, offensive counterpoint to the elegance expected at an exclusive tennis club.

And yet, here it was—a quagmire, exactly where club members would soon have to pass to access the courts. She could already hear the whispers of dismay, the complaints, the shocked gasps… No one, least of all Muffy herself, could imagine arriving for a day of tennis in this chaos.

An involuntary gust of wind blew a faint whiff of the earthy, slightly metallic smell across the mess, and she took a step back, making sure not to dirty herself in any way. The sight was enough—Muffy wasn’t about to tempt fate. Leaning over, she inspected the scope of the disaster more closely. Where once there had been a straight path leading directly to the courts, inviting players to stroll in and enjoy a casual yet aristocratic afternoon of sport, now there was only an impasse.

The disarray might as well have been a chasm to her. Muffy’s lip curled slightly at the thought of any mud venturing even near her spotless footwear.

As if summoned by the absurdity of it all, she spotted Alexandra in the distance, weaving her way back toward the courts. Muffy lifted her chin to get a better view, momentarily distracted from the mud, focusing on Alexandra’s hastily changed footwear. No longer wearing her white K-Swiss—the pristine shoes that had, tragically, fallen victim to the mud earlier—she was now trudging through the club’s lot in a pair of Nikes.

Muffy’s jaw tensed as she observed the sneakers. They weren’t bad, per se—and yet, that was the issue. They were unforgivably ordinary.

Unlike the exclusivity and polish of K-Swiss and even her beloved Tretorns, the Nikes screamed "generic fitness wear," the kind of shoe one might wear to a gym, a jog, or worse—a public park. The minimalism of the white-and-gray Nikes, while functional, lacked the curated sophistication of a planned tennis wardrobe. Alexandra, clearly in a rush to get back, hadn’t even tried to match them to her outfit; her glimmer of sartorial brilliance—much like her K-Swiss—was now muddied, gone.

Muffy narrowed her eyes, disappointment creeping up the back of her neck. She could sense that Alexandra had reluctantly accepted her fate of wearing lesser shoes for the day. It was a deeply unsatisfying compromise, one which Muffy herself would never allow. She held herself to a higher standard. Exclusive, coordinated, flawless.

As Alexandra approached, she glanced down at her changed shoes, her face still flushed from earlier embarrassment. “I’m back,” she called, her voice tinged with exasperation. Then, with a faint grimace, she added, “And, uh, don’t even look at these. I know they’re not exactly… K-Swiss—but I couldn’t deal with the mud situation again.”

Muffy lifted a brow but said nothing about the shoes directly. Instead, she flicked her eyes back to the muddy patch, then down once more at her own ensemble. The contrast now felt even starker—the pristine, crisp whites of her clothing, the polished elegance she exuded, all spoiled by what lay beyond. The mud was a reminder that no matter how carefully one prepared or planned, the incompetence of others could always threaten to derail even the most refined of days.

“It’s not your fault,” Muffy murmured, forcing herself to return Alexandra’s gaze. “Though I can see why you’d feel...” she hesitated, “compromised.”

Alexandra gave a rueful chuckle, her posture relaxing slightly. “They weren’t my first choice. But I had no time, and well... you’ve seen the mess.”

"I have." Muffy’s voice was measured, firm. “But it’s temporary. I’ve spoken to Ryan, and I've told him to get some guys and sort out this,” she waved a hand towards the mud, “...disaster.”

“That’s good to hear," Alexandra said, clearly relieved. She fidgeted slightly. “Let’s hope they take care of it quickly. I just—there are going to be others arriving soon, and it’s just so... embarrassing.”

“They will.” Muffy’s tone carried an air of finality. “Because if they don’t, I will take care of it myself.”

Muffy cast one more glance down at her pristine Tretorns, still as flawless as when she'd unboxed them that morning. She turned her gaze back to the muddy battlefield ahead. Guests were imminent, and so was the solution—one way or another.

For in Muffy’s world, where refinement met determination, perfection wasn’t just an ideal—it was an expectation.

And no amount of mud stood a chance against that.
Ryan returned with some boards that he laid across the mud which allowed for unblemished access to the courts. Muffy crossed the boards wincing as she heard the mud churning under the wood. No where near her shoes but the sound was revolting. After doing some warm-ups, she looked back at the plywood stretching across the mud and became even more upset with the aesthetic of common wood boards at the entrance to the courts. She summoned Ryan again.

Muffy told Ryan that this won't do. She pointed to a pile of blocks set aside for some part of the never-ending project. She instructed him to remove the wood and place the blocks across the muddy expanse. It would look much better to walk across granite-looking blocks than plywood from a building site. This was a tennis club after all. He tried to convince her to stick with the plywood but she wouldn't have it. She dismissed him and went back to her warmups. Describe that conversation.

Ryan returned with some boards that he laid across the mud which allowed for unblemished access to the courts. Muffy crossed the boards wincing as she heard the mud churning under the wood. No where near her shoes but the sound was revolting. After doing some warm-ups, she looked back at the plywood stretching across the mud and became even more upset with the aesthetic of common wood boards at the entrance to the courts. She summoned Ryan again.

Muffy told Ryan that this won't do. She pointed to a pile of blocks set aside for some part of the never-ending project. She instructed him to remove the wood and place the blocks across the muddy expanse. It would look much better to walk across granite-looking blocks than plywood from a building site. This was a tennis club after all. He tried to convince her to stick with the plywood but she wouldn't have it. She dismissed him and went back to her warmups. Describe that conversation.
After a few bounces on her toes and a light stretch of her arms, Muffy strode toward the baseline, mentally preparing for her warm-up session. However, as her gaze drifted back toward the entrance to the courts, the sight of the plywood boards—those drab, utilitarian pieces of wood stretching awkwardly across the mud—stopped her mid-stretch. The sight of them offended every ounce of her refined sensibilities.

It wasn’t just the boards themselves; it was what they represented—hastiness, thoughtlessness, and a complete disregard for the visual appeal of the club. This was supposed to be one of the finest tennis clubs in the region, a sanctuary of elite taste and aesthetics, and now, here it was marred by construction refuse.

Muffy straightened, letting out a sharp exhale through her nose. This would not do.

With a subtle motion, she gestured toward one of the attendants nearby, summoning Ryan once again. A few minutes later, he approached, still a bit out of breath from ferrying the plywood planks into place but trying to appear composed.

“Mrs. Hartford?” he addressed her politely, probably hoping she was pleased with his earlier effort. Unfortunately for him, Muffy’s expression was frosty.

“Ryan,” she began, her voice icily calm, the kind of calm that preceded a storm. She gestured toward the boards with a displeased flick of her wrist. “This won’t do."

Ryan blinked, clearly confused. He looked from her, to the boards, to the muddy expanse beneath them.

“I—I placed the plywood like you asked," he stammered, "It, um... creates a solid path across the mud, and it’s stable, so no one will get dirty going to the courts."

She let out an exasperated sigh, one manicured hand gently brushing a stray wisp of blonde hair from her face. “Yes,” she replied, with a tone that made Ryan question his entire understanding of the word “stable.” “It’s practical, perhaps.” She dragged out the word as if it was an offense to her taste. “But what is this?” Muffy stepped carefully onto the nearest board, her delicate frame shifting slightly as she let her weight rest on the wood. Beneath her foot, the sound of squelching echoed up, the revolting churn of mud rolling under the crude plank.

At the sound, her face etched with distaste. “Do you hear that?” She raised an eyebrow, her eyes cutting across to Ryan like ice. The poor boy gulped.

Ryan, unsure of how to follow up, simply nodded. “Yeah, uh, the mud underneath is still… well… it’ll take some time to dry out, Mrs. Hartford.”

“I’m not asking for a geography lesson, Ryan,” she interrupted smoothly, the authority in her voice never faltering. “What I’m asking for is an aesthetic solution. This isn’t just about keeping mud off people’s shoes—it’s about maintaining the dignity of this club." Her voice, though still calm, had an unmistakable edge that warned him: she was not to be argued with.

Ryan looked at the plywood, then back at her, clearly starting to worry where this conversation was headed.

Muffy turned slightly, her pointed gaze landing on a nearby pile of granite-looking blocks stacked haphazardly near the construction site. "Those,” she said, directing his attention with a nod. “That is what we need—something that looks permanent, strong, and elegant. They’re already here for the project, so we’ll make use of them now rather than these hideous boards.”

Ryan blinked twice in rapid succession. “The… the stone? Those are for another part of the renovation,” he protested, trying to choose his words carefully. He had been given explicit instructions from the construction team to leave those blocks untouched for now. “They’re really heavy, Mrs. Hartford, and, um, I don’t know if they’ll be stable enough for people to walk across. Plus, the plywood is sturdy and—”

Muffy’s eyes narrowed ever so slightly, cutting off his sentence. “Ryan, this is a tennis club, not a construction site.” Her voice dropped slightly, taking on a commanding tone that allowed for no further debate. “We are catering to people—members—who expect a certain… standard when they come here. Do you think the ladies arriving this morning want to step across dull, unsightly plywood as if they’re heading into some makeshift barn? We are not farmers at market; we are members of an elite institution.”

Ryan opened his mouth to try again. “I—I get your point, but—”

“No.” Muffy’s voice brooked no room for negotiation. “Remove the plywood and lay down the blocks across the muddy area. Make sure it’s level, of course.” She took a moment to let that sink in, having turned slightly back toward the courts to dismiss him with an air of finality.

Ryan shifted awkwardly. “But the—the stones are part of the foundation work out by the garden terrace." He was trying to reason with her, but his voice wavered.

“Ryan,” she said softly, pausing mid-turn and looking directly at him. Her gaze bored into his, and her hands settled on her hips as she adopted a stance that was both authoritative and elegant. “No one is looking at some silly terrace today. Every eye will be directed right here—to the tennis courts and that ghastly mud pit everyone will have to cross. We need a solution that reflects the grace and prestige of this club. The blocks will do exactly that.”

She let that hang in the air for a moment as Ryan tried to muster the courage for one final push. “It’ll take some time to get those in place, and honestly, the plywood is a more practical option—”

Enough.” Muffy’s voice was soft yet sharp, a thin layer of ice glazing over her words. “I know it’s harder work, Ryan. I know it’ll take more time.” She straightened her spine, her eyes cold yet elegantly commanding. "But I am telling you what needs to be done for the good of this club, and you will do it."

He opened his mouth, closed it, then nodded hesitantly. “Yes, Mrs. Hartford,” he muttered, resigning himself to the inevitable task. “I’ll get the blocks.”

“Good.” Muffy glanced once more at the offending plywood, nose wrinkling just slightly in distaste. “And when you’re finished, make sure the blocks look presentable—aligned properly. This can’t look half-done. Understood?”

“Yes, ma'am,” Ryan said, turning quickly to begin gathering a few more workers and formulate how to move what would undoubtedly be heavy and difficult construction material across the mud.

Muffy took a deep breath, satisfied for the moment. Without another word, she turned on her heel and headed back to her side of the court. As she bounced a tennis ball on the ground, lightly warming up her serve, her ears caught the faint sounds of the workers beginning to shift the heavy granite-looking blocks into place.

Much better, she thought, adjusting the brim of her visor and swinging her racket in a perfectly calculated, fluid motion.

In Muffy’s world, practicality would always have its place—but not at the expense of aesthetics. Not here.

Back
Top Bottom