inkeds

VIP Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Upper Midwest
My wife and I had dinner at a friend's house last night, and they have a new baby, so naturally I had to bring the camera.

While we were there, I noticed in the hall closet a pair of Keds the new mom wore that I hadn't seen before. I made some lame excuse about going to the bathroom, and then grabbed the camera to take a pic of these Keds. The pics are crappy, as I couldn't exactly have the flash going off.

It looks like they have some kind of Keds cartoon on them, and by the insole style, they're a bit old, or 'vintage'. Ever seen them before?

Attachments

• unk keds.JPG.jpg
    unk keds.JPG.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 3
  • unk keds1.JPG.jpg
    unk keds1.JPG.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 3
  • unk keds heel.JPG.jpg
    unk keds heel.JPG.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 3
Cartoon Keds

Cartoon Keds

Have seen them.
I believe 80's.
Did it look like they had been worn a lot?
GREAT FIND.
I'll bet there are more pairs.. You need to "housesit" when they go away..
Fun fun..

Old Keds

Old Keds

I'm not sure what the name is of those Keds. They are the Champion style though. If you have the style number thats printed inside the shoe you can Email Keds and ask them. I have done this several times to try find out the name of different kinds of Keds, although with the older styles they don't always have a record of them anymore.
Here are some of my older Keds
brian

Attachments

• Dsc00159.jpg
    Dsc00159.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Dsc00160.jpg
    Dsc00160.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Dsc00161.jpg
    Dsc00161.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Dsc00162.jpg
    Dsc00162.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Dsc00163.jpg
    Dsc00163.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 0
Vintage

Vintage

Way cool, First heres a pair in mint condition {my vintage collection}. It looks as if she colored in some of the cartoons, They orininaly are black and white. Secound is thats cool that you were able to grab some pics, Bet when you spotted them your heart picked up a few beats! Way to go!!!
By the way they are called - ''City Ratz''

Attachments

• odd stuff.jpg
    odd stuff.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
great research...

great research...

Good work guys. us little guys learn so much from your infinite wisdom 🙂

LOL

They do look great. Would be nice to see those on her feet 🙂

"City Ratz"

"City Ratz"

kedsfreak said:
Way cool, First heres a pair in mint condition {my vintage collection}. It looks as if she colored in some of the cartoons, They orininaly are black and white. Secound is thats cool that you were able to grab some pics, Bet when you spotted them your heart picked up a few beats! Way to go!!!
By the way they are called - ''City Ratz''

Thanks. I did notice that they looked like mice acting out something in the cartoons. Great pic of a new pair--it didn't look like to she colored the Keds, but compared to your pair, it's apparent that she did...wonder why...

Yeah, my heart was pounding as I took the Keds out of the hall closet and snapped those pictures, then put them back.

inkeds said:
My wife and I had dinner at a friend's house last night, and they have a new baby, so naturally I had to bring the camera.

While we were there, I noticed in the hall closet a pair of Keds the new mom wore that I hadn't seen before. I made some lame excuse about going to the bathroom, and then grabbed the camera to take a pic of these Keds. The pics are crappy, as I couldn't exactly have the flash going off.

It looks like they have some kind of Keds cartoon on them, and by the insole style, they're a bit old, or 'vintage'. Ever seen them before?
I have a pair just like them. I love them even though they R too big(size 9).
I just had 2 have them! I'm bad about buying hot sneakers even when they might not fit.
My pair are just black and white. They don't have any other colors. Do you think that she colored them like that or buy them like that?
They have the old style yellow insoles but still look like thay R in great shape.
Mine are still like new too.

Kedsbri said:
I'm not sure what the name is of those Keds. They are the Champion style though. If you have the style number thats printed inside the shoe you can Email Keds and ask them. I have done this several times to try find out the name of different kinds of Keds, although with the older styles they don't always have a record of them anymore.
Here are some of my older Keds
brian
Wow!!! I've never seen 3 of these. I actually have a pair like the 1st ones with the floral print that I bought at the same time as the "cartoon printed" ones that Kedsfreak posted. What a coincidence!

And OH MY GOD! I LOVE THE ONES WITH THE HEARTS!
I remember seeing those in a magazine, but I never saw them in a store. I would have bought them in an instant. You would by chance be interested in selling those or something would you? I have to have them!:icon_mrgr :icon_eek:
They are some of the HOTTEST KEDS that I have ever seen!

Keds4ever,
Ashley

inkeds said:

Did you have any fun with them or just time 4 pics?

Back
Top Bottom