consforever

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
N.S.W. Australia
I went to Sydney last week and stopped at the local mall to get something for Mums 90th birthday.. Walking across the car park were two older high school girls in these "SPLASH" kicks.. Inside more of them.. Yummy mummys in them.. More girls.. Turned the corner and there's more of them.. Wall to wall splash kicks... So I brought a pr at $pend less $hoes.. 12 bucks ozz and have been playing ever since.. LOVE EMMMMM... Seeker not sure if these are classed Keds knockoff's or not, but I class them as KNO'S with a twist of Plimsole.. So I put them here.. ENJOY... :icon_evil:icon_cool Walk softly people...

Attachments

• ne100_1385.JPG
    ne100_1385.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ne100_1387.JPG
    ne100_1387.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ne100_1392.JPG
    ne100_1392.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ne100_1394.JPG
    ne100_1394.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 2
Re: what the ozz girls latest kicks craze is...

The girls in high school/jr high used to wear these all the time. Often they were by the maker "balloons." It seemed like they were a cheaper alternative to Keds, with a very slim sole and no foxing. A few years back I even saw some Keds-brand of this style and the outlet mall. They were called "Chrissie" I believe. There have been other makers, too, that call the style Chrissie, too. A year or two ago, and maybe not that long, I think I saw them at Kmart and Walmart, but not this brand.

When I saw the first photo I thought they looked a bit granny'ish but they look 'good on you' (if I may misuse the Australianese) with white ankle socks. I'm not so sure for myself about the laces along the sides but if I was surrounded by good-looking Aussie lasses wearing them I probably wouldn't mind.

And a very belated "Happy Birthday" to Mum as well. What did you get for her?

Thanks people.. Plims, I wound up getting her an electric blanket.. (in Summer ..???) Hey, its what she asked for.. Better to give her something she can use.. O.K. The "splash" are made in China.. (where else..) My friend Lorraine at tdpliverpool alias MUST HAVE OUTLET on E-bay where I get my plims is sussing out the the suppliers and you may(??) get some off her soon.. I suggested the craze might get to the mother country.. Reminds me of back in the 80's when all the girls had freestyle hi tops.. This latest shoe craze sprung up in the last couple of weeks.. 2 weeks ago the Sydney girls were wearing Ked Champ KO's or Plimsol lookalikes.. The power and speed of the high school girl with money, ay.. I'm still looking for the other brand which are nearly identical and have a narrower "patterened foxing.. I like them better.. Maybe Coles or Bi-lo here in Ozz .. I saw them somewhere but cant remember where.. :icon_twis:icon_twis Walk softly people..

Back
Top Bottom