Killerkeds

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Somewhere in Canada
I do not know about you guys but this year there are alot less champions (laced ups) than last year. I myself prefer the regular champion style and have to say that I am really disappointed with the way Keds are marketing, just ballet flats and slip-ons. I am not saying that slip-ons and ballet flats are bad its just I prefer the champion and anchors over these two marketed styles. And what I am noticing is that they are trying to target teenagers but its not working because teenagers are trying to act like twenty somethings and what I have seen in the womens magazines like Cosmo is that keds are not being shown for the summer style. They advertise keds in cosmo but no one is looking at them seriously because they are not part of the latest adult summer fashion. The other thing is the champion destroyed slip-ons... well... they look like crap. I mean why would anyone pay for a sneaker that looks worn out. I understand people who likes naturaly worn out keds because it means that they have been well used and it is a turn on, however why would anyone want a brand new pair of sneakers that look like they went through a washing machine a 100 times before they were put in the box? I have to say this year has been a let down. I was at Sears this weekend an looked around the shoe department for keds and they are showing no champions only ballet flats and sandels. Last year at least they had some champions. I really was hoping that keds would try to be more aggresive with more choice in champs but they did nothing for them. And they really should be going after the twenty somethings. Misha has more of a teeny bopper following here in my neck of the woods and the twenty somethings are avoiding the keds. Well thats my rant if you agree ok, if you disagree please prove me wrong. I think I am just really frustrated because I feel that Keds turned their back on laced champion keds.

Sincerely

Killerkeds

Re: Where are the Laced Champions and Anchors?

I agree that the Champions haven't been forefront on Keds Corp marketing strategies but the wife bought a pair of pink slip-ons that were "pre-worn" and they look nice and feel nice. I just don't like the soles too much. Everyone is going to feel differently about everything so some will be happy about their marketing work and some like you and I will be left a little cold. All good things come to those that wait. I hope.

Back
Top Bottom