enter2win1978

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
Wow, what a tumultuous day of Keds shopping. I spent this afternoon looking for a new pair of Keds for my wife and I am extremely disappointed by what I saw.
We went to JC Penney and they had a slim picking of 3 styles: Hampton leather, Classic leather and Hampton canvas and no size 8.5!
Went to Macy's and what to my surprise? 2 styles: Classic leather, classic canvas and again, zero 8.5.
Went to Famous Footwear and wouldn't ya know it, NO KEDS period!
Last resort at the mall, Sears. At this point why would we surprised to find 3 styles again and guess what, no size 8.5!
So our final attempt was at Kohl's. Now I'm not prone to promoting any store, BUT, in this case, Kohl's had (and has) the answers. There we found the Hampton leather in her size and thank goodness she bought them. Finally I am happy!
Thank you Kohl's for remember the great styles Keds has and the fact that this classic shoe is still popular.

Anyone else experiencing this dilemna?

Re: Where are they now? An almost sad day of shopping.

Wel that actually sounds like a good thing. Sounds like Keds is selling shoes for a change though it would be nice to be able to buy what you want when you want.

I'm hunting for a pr of black lace up, keds gore, womens 11 without much luck at present. But only looking on the net.. :icon_wink:icon_wink Walk softly people..

i had a similar experience a while back; i was shopping for a pair of white keds original canvas champs with the classic crepe rubber soles and went to two stores. i realized keds re designed the soles. the new style is ugly! i found a similar pair but the bottoms were different. they were almost totally smooth so i had to settle with that. but if you go on the keds webpage you'll find what you want.

Unfortunately my wife decided she needed a new pair that day for work the next day. No time to shop the web and she's so picky about her Keds she has to try them on. But thanks to all for the reminder...

Back
Top Bottom