Scotty

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
She writes a weekly column for USA Today website called Pop Candy. She seems to wears chucks a lot according to these excerpts from a chat.

"Whitney Matheson: My feet are fine and encased in the same black Converse I always wear. Hope that's enough to satisfy the fetishists out there."

"Whitney Matheson: I love my black Converse sneakers! Even though they kill the arch, nothing beats 'em for price, and they'll never go out of style."

"Whitney Matheson: Mmm, I'm not sure what those were, but I pretty much only own Converse and Campers. Cons are super-cheap and Campers are super-expensive, so I figure it all balances out."

"What were you doing 10 years ago?" I was editing the school newspaper, wearing black Converse sneakers and daydreaming about having a butler. It's amazing how little things have changed."

"Forget painful Manolo Blahniks. Sensibility over style is the goal underfoot. Vans, Keds, Reebok high-tops and L.A. Gear are all making a comeback. The Vans Web site even lets customers design their own $50 slip-ons. Uma Thurman sports a pair of Keds when she's honing her fighting skills in Kill Bill Vol 2. Rapper Snoop Dogg is a big Converse fan, and pop star Avril Lavigne wouldn't be caught dead without a pair of Converse All-Stars.

Attachments

• popcandy_01.jpg
    popcandy_01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom