Re: 2010 Keds - what changes?

I just ordered about 1/2 dozen new colors directly from Keds. While the sole now appears more uniform, it is still mostly plastic. The rubber strips are only present at the heel and the ball of the foot. Shame.

The Keds I have bought have a full rubber sole.

I have been wearing a pair of Keds with the plastic sole for about 4 months now and I noticed that where the plastic has worn away, there is the pebbled rubber sole underneath. Wonder why they put on a plastic covering if the rubber is already there.

As you can see the toe area on the stone sneaker is about 1 inch smaller.

I'm happy to report that the 2014 Keds the toe area has increased by 1/2 inch. This allows pants to hang better over the toe area.

scort: thanks you are looking good in keds my friend.

Seeker, got any pics?? The last few years of Keds the toe area was so small even when I tied the Keds super tight my foot still almost "fell" out of them when I walked. It was just too damn big. How is the width? Are the proportions any better? Not so damn narrow and way too long..

I'm happy to report that the 2014 Keds the toe area has increased by 1/2 inch. This allows pants to hang better over the toe area.

Wonderful news! Will you have any pics soon? Looks like I might need to go shopping again.

Seeker, got any pics?? The last few years of Keds the toe area was so small even when I tied the Keds super tight my foot still almost "fell" out of them when I walked. It was just too damn big. How is the width? Are the proportions any better? Not so damn narrow and way too long..

No pics yet but I may have time for side by side photos this weekend. I've never had an issue with width medium fits me just fine. The proportions for me are just about right. One plus is they removed that material tag from the heal sole which always felt uncomfortable. I'm not sure the reasoning behind all the additional Keds labelling but I don't mind it.

Seeker...do you mean the women's Keds are a 1/2 inch wider in the toe area?

Seeker...do you mean the women's Keds are a 1/2 inch wider in the toe area?

Wider no. The canvas is 1/2 longer from toe to stitching.

Back
Top Bottom