• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day

Seeker

Staff member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Canada
I noticed today that the photo on the Keds site show all the Champs with bare metal eyelets. I really hope that its not the case.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-02-13 13:21:27.png
    Screenshot from 2016-02-13 13:21:27.png
    109 KB · Views: 1
Re: 2016 Keds

Agreed. On most colors anyway, some styles are okay with metal colored eyelets.

Ever since they moved production from China to Vietnam on the latest Keds, the quality has been going severely downhill. The shoes become kind of misshapen after only a few wears.

They're supposed to be going back to being made in America soon from what I heard

Where did you hear that? I couldn't find anything.

I remember back when Keds sold the company to Wolverine Worldwide a few years ago. It was only 20 million dollars... not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Always wished I had that kind of money; would have bought it and fixed everything.

I saw an interview with a Keds executive last week.He mentioned that.

He mentioned that it is moving to Michigan, but I can't remember the city. Unfortunately, this is sure to increase the price as well. Maybe they will use it as a marketing instrument - two different "levels" of Keds. I have seen black, white, and other champs that have been made in Mexico in the last couple of years. They do not have the flocking on the bottom of the sneaker either. I guess the U.S. ones won't in the future.

Back
Top Bottom