• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day
Re: Anyone got pictures of wet Keds*-* ?

Okay…I shared a few stories of nice, white Keds getting wet and muddy. Can anyone else share some instances? Who/what/where/reaction.

THANKS!

Below is a fictional story written in the first person about a fantasy muddy Keds scene that I'd love to see:

Last summer I went to my boss’s place in the country for our company picnic. Despite this being advertised as a very casual event, I wanted to look nicer than the other girls so I bought a new outfit: Long, pale yellow sundress, a white sweater (both Ralph Lauren) for over the shoulders, new white canvas Keds with little white ankle socks. I even wore a simple strand of pearls to dress up the outfit. I spent extra time getting ready that morning working on my hair and primping my outfit wanting to get the sweater to lay just right over my shoulders.

Along with receiving several compliments, my choice of attire got me out of those silly picnic games and races and kept me away from all of those “messy” picnic events like the egg toss, water balloons and tug-of-war. In exchange for getting out of those activities, I agreed to be the designated photographer for the day looking for material for the company newsletter. I was able to observe everyone else getting hot/dirty/sweaty…but from a safe distance. One girl had an egg break on her shirt and another had a water balloon hit her shorts. I got pictures of both all the while being thankful that I did not participate in those games. When asked to join the water balloon toss, I said, “Sorry…no thanks…not in this pretty dress. It’s Ralph Lauren.”

I made sure to only sample the “clean” foods such as the fresh vegetables, puff pastries and natural spring water. I kept my distance from the barbeque that many others were eating and in some cases wearing. I never liked eating that stuff with all of that messy sauce. I did get a few pictures of the people from my department “chowing down” on the barbeque chicken and ribs.

After we were there for awhile, my boss had all of us go around to the side of his property where he had a pen set up for the kids to pet and feed some small animals. Despite my friend’s urging I graciously declined to go in as there were mud puddles throughout the enclosure and the far end was a complete muddy quagmire. I was getting pictures of my friend with one of the sheep when I saw that she was standing right next to one of those mud puddles. I told her that I couldn’t get her in the picture and that she needed to take a step back. She did so without looking and went right into the ankle deep mud, new Nikes and all. I laughed and teased her for always being the “messy” one and reminder her that she was going to have to spend the rest of the day in soggy shoes.

To get a better view of my poor friend’s predicament and to snap a few pictures, I walked around the pen to the far side where there was a board that straddled the corner. When I went to step onto the board, a farmhand told me to be careful and I responded by telling him to mind his own business. The board was only a foot off the ground; not exactly a high wire act. He said that the board wasn’t bolted down and may not be stable. I explained that I had taken years of dance and had more than enough coordination to stand on a board that was 5-6 inches wide and maybe 10 feet long. He continued to shake his head and I simply extended my hand in his direction as a cue for him to steady me as I stepped up onto the board.

After getting onto the board, I took some pictures laughing at my friend the entire time. The “ewww…yuck” look on her face was hilarious as examined her once-clean running shoes watching the muddy water drain out the mesh sides. I also was kind enough to point out how the mud was also kind of stinky. I remember looking down at that expanse of disgusting, slimy mud thinking how gross it would be to get one single speck of that mess on my outfit.

In a pouty voice she asked what was so funny and I told her that, as usual, I was the smart one for not going in there and she should have done the same. To make my point, I gestured towards my pristine white Keds and held my one foot out like a ballerina in the process. When I did that, the board I was standing on began to wobble. I quickly regained my balance and looked up to see everyone watching me. I smiled as if to say, “I bet you thought I was going to fall. No way that’s happening.” I walked back and forth bouncing a little as the board had some give to it. I was still grinning at my friend who had been left with squishy feet for the day. I did a cute little spin on the board to get my dress to lift up just a bit and was given a polite round of applause by a few nearby. I adjusted my sweater to get it back in place, smoothed out my pretty dress and thanked everyone for attending my “show.” A few more golf claps from the folks nearby.

I daintily held out the side of my dress and did a little curtsy to demonstrate my grace. When I did that, the board tilted forward causing me to again lose my balance. I vainly reached for something to grab onto and windmilled my arms around trying to defy gravity. I felt my toes curl over the edge of the board pointing to where I didn’t want to go. As I tried to lean back, my right foot came off the board and waived in the air as I wobbled. I screamed, “Oh god no!” My right foot got back onto the board but only the back half. As I lurched forward again my right foot offered no stability. I just could not stop my lean forward. I shrieked as I fell and heard/felt a loud splat as I landed face down in about four inches of brown, slimy mud! I heard a gasp from the people watching and let out a defeated “ugh….” as I felt the mud soaking into my pretty outfit. My pale yellow dress was now chocolate brown….the same with the cute sweater I had over my shoulders. After a few seconds of denial, I started to get to my knees. I my haste to leave the slop, I tried to stand but the mud was very slippery. One step forward and I fell on my butt soaking the last dry part of my body. Then as I stood again I felt my foot stuck in the mud which caused me to step out of my shoe. (At that moment I had a brief flashback to earlier that morning when I was taking my new white canvas Keds from the box and lacing them for the first time. I spent a few extra moments making sure the laces were even.) Back to reality - I dug the shoe out of the mud which only came out with a sickening slurp.

My entire outfit was ruined! With arms out stretched and one of my Keds being held by a shoelace, I slogged back to dry ground. I then realized I even had mud in my hair and worse yet, in my pearls! What a mess! I just could not get over the fact that people had the nerve to be laughing at me. I was so mad!

I immediately ran to my car and left making the 45 minute drive home covered in mud.

This is a test shot I took when I got my new waterproof camera. I'm not into guy shots, but wanted to share it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 10155667_580092795421844_8978243538956006787_n.jpg
    10155667_580092795421844_8978243538956006787_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4

Back before digital cameras I tubed a river in CT. One time I went tubing with my girlfriend (the one I had shared some Tretorn stories about a long time ago). She and I tubed together, I think I wore Tretorns but she definitely did and I got to hold them as we floated down river. There was a short section of rapids we could get out, walk around, and do again, so it was a great spot to see girls in sneaks. The best part of this float besides my GF was the girl who had on brand-new looking white Keds Champion slipons, I swear she bought them just for the river. Not a mark on them, soles were unworn.

Found one more of mine, and some shots of my wife's Newport mules. Have a lot of fun with these.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 13897208727_e5ee16011c_k.jpg
    13897208727_e5ee16011c_k.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 13897238680_035b14b3b1_k.jpg
    13897238680_035b14b3b1_k.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 14083816905_108fa4b27e_k.jpg
    14083816905_108fa4b27e_k.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 4

Cool ^^ I would like to see a Girl with wet keds ^^

I can't understand why there's a ton of wet/muddy Converse pics but NO WET/MUDDY KEDS or VANS pics????

Back
Top Bottom