G

garythesaint

Scotty,

There are 700 lurkers on this site! shit, cmon guy's get yer wallet out and join. It can only make the site better or sponcer a set of photo's, I'm sure that the guy's who run the site would love a bit of extra cash to fund things, and you could ask for what REALLY gets you going.... Great thought don't you think? ๐Ÿ™‚

What surprises me is that there are a lot less members here than the keds site. I had thought that the Converse group would have been at least as big.

I know no one wants to pay out but the bottom line is the models and sets don't come for free and now with these asses from Acacia wanting 1500.00 a year for us to have videos its getting real expensive.

If we could get more members joining I could drop the rate a bit. I could also get iKobo, they have a deal where a 61 day membership is $24.95.

The total members listed on the board here is a bit deceiving. I copied the db over from SB so people could keep the same login. If I prune the users that have never logged in it drops the overall number big time.

Seeker,

Im sorry to hear that the site isnt doing as well as we all thought. I dont think there is an easy answer really.

I think the main problem is that this site and the Keds site to a certian degree are limited fetishes. Unlike your average footfetish sites, which must have hundreads of members each month.

I know for a fact there are thousands of people out there with a sneaker fetish, but everyone likes diffrent brands and types. Then take into accont some like bondage, wet, messy, trample, close-ups, worship, full body shots and so on, and you would never be able to please everyone. Plus it would cost a small fortune to run a site that damn BIG.

I think the best thing to do is to advertise this site and the basement in as many places as possible. I know of a lot of message boards for foot and shoe fetishes, and not just in english. If i start posting to all or most of them, and other members do the same with boards/groups they know of, im sure we could get the memberships of both sites up big time.

I remember back in 97/98 when i first got online thinking i was the only person in the world with this fetish. I hunted high and low, and in the end found yahoo clubs, which lead me to the basement. The site was pretty simple back then, but has grown bigger and better. Im sure in six/seven years time if we are all still here it will be the same again.

Id imagine there must be lots of people out there that have only just got PCs or dont how to use simple things like search engines (yep i know people like this LOL) or just havent found the site by bad luck. Or maybe like me back 97/98 they think they are the only person on the planet with this fetish, and dont bother looking for that reason.

Well like i said above im ready to do my bit to expaned the membership of the site. By posting links in as many palces as possible so people old and new to the net have a better chance of finding the site, thus making more money = more sets.๐Ÿ™‚

Edd

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, YET.

We are only a few months old and will grow over time.

I just remember all the email I've received over the past years do converse, do more converse, why don't you do a converse site. ๐Ÿ˜›

You are right about advertising but the bottom line is I spend my budget on content and I hope that you guys want to see more and more so you'll help spread the word.

I have a few idea's for the future, custom converse-fetish.com email accounts, chats, webcam etc.

The only thing that really pisses me off is when I get an ahole that buys a membership turns Download Ninja on full blast grabs the site then asks for a refund. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I have put a stop to that on all my sites. Auto downloaders are banned and will get a user blocked.

Seeker,

Damn, that really takes the p**s big time. What a cheek. I didnt know such programes existed.

Also i didnt mean that you should spend more cash promoting the site. I was talking about members of the board and the members area doing their bit by posting links to the site on boards or groups they may be members of.

Anyway, keep up the good work Seeker๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and hi again Aimee, you look as stunning as always.๐Ÿ˜ฑ

๐Ÿ˜‰

Aw, that sucks. ๐Ÿ™ I thought for sure we had 700 members. I even noticed there were 1 or 2 people joining every week.
Edd89 is right. There are ton of chuck lovers out there male and female. Its just a matter of finding the right content to attract them. There is a large underground chucks fetish in the goth/mod/punk sub cultures that this site could target. I guess the hard part is finding models and photographers. The only way the site is going to grow is to bring in more females members which will bring more male members. Believe me, there are a ton of women out there who are obsessed with chucks. They wouldn't mind looking at hot pictures of girls and guys in converse like that pic of Milla Jovovich or this pics(attached) I think the stuff Seeker is doing with Aimee has the right tone . It has a sexy, pinup girl style that isn't overly hardcore. I don't know, just some suggestions.๐Ÿ˜‰

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 2
Scotty,

Thanks for posting that pic. Thats one of the MANY i lost when i had to format.๐Ÿ˜•

Cheers. ๐Ÿ˜€

why not get a few of the other related sites together and do a converse/keds convention. Get the other sites to advertise it on the net and in the press and then take photo's of the eventfull day and post on the site. Jesus! that sounds really expencive! it was a great idea when I thought of it though...

Not a bad idea gary, apart from the fact it would cost a fortune as you said. ๐Ÿ™‚ The other big problem of course is the fact that there isnt any other related sites that deal with this sort of thing, apart from the basement, and that is owned by Seeker too.

There are however a lot of European sites that deal with Buffalo boots, Superstars and so on. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a few links for the site on some of these. Im sure there are a lot of people from these sites that are into chucks as well, or just love a girl in sneakers whatever the type. ๐Ÿ™‚

Back
Top Bottom