Re: Keds and Taylor Swift teaming up!

The question is whether she does wear them? I mean it will really suck if she only wears them for promoting her new album and thats it. If she adds them to her wardrobe faithfully then it will be a great boost for keds in the tween market but I hope more of the women in their 20s to 30s start wearing them as well. Fashion is such a bitch. 😕
Unless Keds has actually announced her as their new spokesperson or representative, it probably will be just for the album promotion and then end?

She signed a 2 or 3 year deal.

I saw a commercial for her album being sold at Target. But she was not wearing sneakers. I bet we never see her in them.

Seeker your right she does have a contract with Keds for 3 years. What concerns me is the lack of brand promotion on the part of Taylor Swift. I mean this is suppose to be a " Big Contract" for Taylor Swift and Keds, but I have not seen any promos of her wearing them. The only thing I have seen are pictures of her and a pair of red keds next to her photo. If your going to promote a brand would it not be in your best interests of your client to be seen wearing them??

One may never know the specific terms of the contract or when the actual contract is in effect. All we Keds fans can do is hope that ladies of all ages will find her appealing enough to wear Keds again. She's not my personal favorite for Keds but if it works, I say go for it Keds and hopefully new Keds ladies will emerge everywhere.

Kedstag, Keds deal with Ms. Swift is in effect, for she would not have granted permission for her photo on the Keds website without being payed for it. Having her photo on the website would break copyright laws without her permission. What is annoying me is the person in charge of marketing at Keds must be a total twit, any company with a sensible marketer would know that product placement is really important for promotion, having your spokesperson wearing the item she is promoting is just good business sense. People want to imagine themselves in that article of clothing that the famous person is using at that time, whether it is dress, sunglasses or sneakers. Having your spokesperson drinking, eating, using, or wearing that item helps sales. Its covered in Business 1000 in any university course.

The product is not available until tomorrow, doing advance teasers is pretty common in the marketing biz. It also looks like Taylor will be selling the Keds via her website which I'm sure get heavy traffic.

Search twitter for keds and you will find 8.5 gazillion tweets from the "Tay" lovers dying to get their hands on these red Keds. There are also pictures from her Keds photoshoot of here wearing standard issue greyish Champs in what appears to be her walking to the shoot, not during the shoot.

I expect to see ass loads of pictures of her wearing Keds in all kinds of situations during the next 3 years.

- Slipon

What caused the swell in Keds sales in the 80's and 90's wasn't that Jennifer Gray wore Keds it was that then teen hearthrob Patrick Swayze went ga-ga over her. So the message there was "If I wear Keds, boys will like me." A female spokesperson alone wouldn't get that reaction.

Also, I think we are still dealing with, "Keds? Yuck, like my grandma wears those!"

She was on Good Morning America today NOT wearing her Keds, (nor was there any mention of the promo), but rather tan 4" pumps. She will be on GMA tomorrow as well.

Back
Top Bottom