Re: Keds!! Enough Already

Seeker, I would LOVE to sign any pettition to Keds to ask them to make the new Champs more comfortable! I couldn't agree more with what has been said I can live with the new Champs being eco-friendly by being made from recycled materials If the quality stays there. Most of my wardobe are 2K as my late 80s and early 90s ones with the yellow insole just finally fell apart

I have been giving the issue a little thought. How do we position ourselves? Should we take the position that we a fan club for people who like women who wear Keds? To the point where we encourage our women to wear them and some of us even wear Keds ourselves? And, of course, the women who wear Keds.

The more in alignment we can get with "mainstream," the more weight the argument will carry. I am sure that the people at Keds know that this group exists and that they "think" they know what it is about. We will have to dispel the myth that it is all kinky, sicko sex stuff. (Well, some of it is :icon_lol🙂.

Whatever form the petition takes, it needs to be based as much as possible in fact and logic to support preference and opinion.

I will sign anything to complain and get the old keds back for us. It is important to note that Keds in now owned by Payless Shoes. We should also write to Matt Rubel, Chairman of Payless who will put pressure on the Keds management. I also think you will see Keds showing up at Payless in the future.:icon_frow

Would be great to get the old Keds back. My fiancee hasn't worn them (besides in the house!) in about a year so I guess I hadn't heard about it from her yet.

Personaly I think the sooner Keds champions go back to the pebble soled "Cushion sole and comfort arch" models the better... These are realy comfortable.. My only problem with the old pebble sole is that I seem to push the rubber heel sole up into the shoe and away from the foxing.. Then again I am putting 11.5 stone onto the heel of a womans shoe.. YES the old pedbble sole made exactly as before with the newer improved glues would be heaven... I agree with Seeker, the new ones are damed horrible to wear.. Also while I'm at it... Let's all keep the word "negative" out of our writing.. Years back at many plant meetings I found that any time someone didn't agree or dared have an opinion of their own were being "negative' in the bosses or managers eyes... What one persons opinion to them seems valid, to others is just different, not negative.. Hate the word negative... Walk softly people...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom