• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day

RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
This may have already been discussed over time but I thought I'd ask any way. It seems to me that the Keds of the last several years are different than in the past in at least two respects: 1.) The cut seems that there is a little less material and 2.) The canvas seems of a lesser quality.

I notice that the toe areas seem to wear much quicker than in the past. And overall, the canvas loses its shape after a short period of time. This is pronounced if the shoes get wet in the rain.

I recall back in the 90's that Keds held up pretty good. Back then it was the off-brand white canvas sneakers that started to lose their shape and stretch with minimal wear. Now the current Keds seem to do the same.

Has anyone else noticed this? Agree? Disagree?

Re: Late Model Keds

Yes, this is a common opinion. I feel the Champ2K variety held their shape and looked the best proportionally, but I have been wearing the newest variety quite a bit and they seem to be slightly more comfortable for me. Also they are easier to leave laced up to slip on and off since there's no hard support in the heel.

Re: Late Model Keds

Mine are about 4 years old now, and my 2010 vintage ones are deceased, but I haven't had many complaints. I notice the difference from my 1989 vintage ones (LONG gone), but other than the foxing separating a little from the upper of my older pair, they're OK. I get mine wet a lot.

Back
Top Bottom