bouncy

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
PNW
Today I was at an indie shoe store in Seattle which specializes in PF Flyers, Converse, Vans, and others including the men's Keds line, which apparently they are the only retailer carrying them in this area.

I asked about the Champions and word from the saleswoman was she is expecting the men's lace-up Champs to arrive in their store sometime in January for their spring lineup. Colors will be white, navy, black, and black monochrome, all canvas oxfords. No word on price, though Keds.com listed the Champs slip-ons as $40.00.

Hope she is right and I'll pick-up a few pairs when they come in.

Re: Men's Lace-up Champions

Ok ok now the curiosity is peaked! WHat lovely delicious little indie store is that?

If you are interested in seeing what they will look like, it appears that they have been released in France, of all places!

They are at a company called Spartoo.com. (http://www.spartoo.com/marque.php?marque=7&product=4040)

They are 5-eyelet as we suspected, adn come in men's sizes. And, if you order them from France, it looks like they will not have the hated ESO fabric sole. They have a yellow fabric quilted-looking lining and silver eyelets. Enjoy!

It's wasn't likely that I'd buy a pair of men's anyway but if that is what is coming to the US I won't for sure. Thanks for the headsup!

Anyone else not get into that link or is it just me... ??..:icon_quesWalk softly people..

No offense to all the guys who have been waiting for the men's champs to return, but those are kinda ugly. I'll stick with the women's champs

Did you see the black/black men's champs with the tan crepe soles? Now that I like!

I don't get it. There were quite a lot of requests for men's Champs for years, Keds finally delivered, and then they turned them down. Oh well, each to their own I guess.

This pair looked pretty good to me, aside from the slightly feminine yellow patterned lining, they should've gone with the white terry cloth lining. I think it would change opinions a bit if they had displayed a size that isn't long and narrow-looking. At least it doesn't have that nasty felt material on the outsoles like on the women's. In fact, the women's latest pair they displayed on that same site doesn't have them.

You know, it would've made it easier for Keds just to label the men's sizes on the existing women's Champs instead of going through the effort making a separate pair. Then they can sell them in the same major retail outlets everywhere.

I agree. All keds needed to do was expand the sizes and width's and call them unisex.

My BIG problem with the shoes displayed is the crappy metal eyelets. If they had been white like the old ones it would make a big difference.

On that site they indicate that the champ CVO is the best selling for men and women even over chucks. However my French is about as good as my German so maybe someone can confirm.

Back
Top Bottom