plim2000

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
uk
From BBC:

OC star accused of drink-driving

Actress Mischa Barton has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving, police in Los Angeles County have said.
The ex-star of The OC was pulled over after police allegedly saw her car straddling two lanes of traffic and failing to signal when making a turn.
The 21-year-old was also held on suspicion of possessing cannabis and driving without a licence.
Barton spent about seven hours in custody in West Hollywood before bail of $10,000 (£5,005) was paid.
"During Ms Barton's detention, it was determined that she was an unlicensed driver and was driving while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage," the official police report said.
A court hearing has been scheduled for 28 February. Barton played Marissa Cooper on teen drama The OC from 2003 to 2006, when her character died in a car crash. The London-born actress has also appeared in several movies, including The Sixth Sense, the current St Trinian's film and Sir Richard Attenborough's latest offering, Closing the Ring.

I wonder what Keds will think of this?

Re: Mischa Barton Arrested

Hopefully they'll give her the boot. I'm sure they have a morality clause in they're contract with her.

If it was one of the big surf companies she would be out on her pretty little butt so fast her head would spin... One thing with the surf Co's is you have to get caught.. They do no sports testing, if they did we probably wouldn't have any surf comps or judges for that matter... Must admit Keds are pretty slack with her..:icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people...

Why do all these young starlets continue to take chances by partying and driving around??? HIRE someone to drive YOU!! Sure, you can drive to Burberry by day, but if you know you're going to party all night, call a service - hell, call me. I'll do it.

The expense of a driver would be completely offset by them not losing all the endorsement revenue like Mischa probably will now.

Is it too late to get that other Laguna Beach tease, Kristin Cavallari, into a Keds deal?? :icon_chee Hayden Panati... (You know the one - I won't even TRY to spell her name) would've been great but she's too popular now.

How about getting Ashley Simpson or Samaire Armstrong or Willa Holland or Olivia Wild to front for Keds..??.. They could do a hell of a lot worse..My pick would be BOTH Ashley and Olivia :icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people

I have never been to fond of Misha anyway.
They will most likely keep her around but out of sight untill spring.:icon_evil

Fond of her or not she did do what they paid her to do and that was put a fresh face on a classic brand. That said they definitely need to dump her. Keds / Striderite sell a ton of kids shoes and trashy, drunk, drugged up models do not represent the brands well.

This will also definitely put a BIG screw on the new 2008 campaign that was scheduled and she has already done the work on and they have paid her for.

I think now keds knows they can't sit back and hope that their product sells. They need young hip peeps wearing it and they need press. This bad Mischa press will in fact be good press to a certain demographic and will all know bad press is better than no press.

Just think if Keds got Hanna Montana?? That would be HUGE as it would put Keds in front of MILLIONS of up and coming girls!!!:icon_mrgr:icon_lol:

I agree with Seeker in that she did what she was paid for. When keds signed first signed her, I was excited that they hired her as she was in her prime with her being on The OC and being known by the young demographic. Soon after I thought keds made the mistake of not contracting her to wear their shoes on the shows and movies she was in. All she was was a poster girl hired because of her name and recognition fans were giving her (not bad but I think more could have been done to advertise). Then she thought she was all that and quit The OC and thought she could make it on her own. Now you see headlines with ‘Keds girl busted for DUI and Drugs’ and bashing her lackluster career to its current state. Yea, not too smart on her part. Yes this is bad press and we all know keds is concerned with it. I think too much money and time are already invested in the ’08 campaign that Mischa will stay on their advertisements but probably no more corporate appearances nor recognized as Mischa by keds. I think this is also the final straw and keds will part ways with Mischa (all just my opinion).

Hiring a Hollywood star like Mischa was a StrideRite decision, now with Collective Brands, will they continue with another star/model or go back to their traditional way with no spokesmodel? Hayden Panettiere, Ashley Tisdale, Miley Cyrus just to name a few? Or is it not worth it? Consider that any star can make mistakes or bad decisions and get bad press but that could come with any brand spokes model relationship, you just hope it doesn’t happen while they are contracted with you. On the latter side, it could pay off by leaps and bounds if their successful and launch into stardom (along with your product). I think keds needs a face as I think Mischa did help while with keds and I remain skeptical of how this latest event involving Mischa will help or hurt keds in both the media and in sales. I’m sure we’ll know keds decision soon enough.

Notice how over the weekend she went to the park with her two dog and, what I think is coincidence, happened to be wearing keds? Rarely have I seen her out and about wearing keds in public when in interviews she says her and her friends wear them all the time…

Seeker, I wasn't implying she wasn't a good spokesperson for keds,
In fact she had a lot of multi cultural appeal. As many have posted and blogged she never wore keds in her movies.The best marketing that Keds ever had was with Tiffany Amber Theissan and as far as I know it only cost them the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom