Martt

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Poland
Have you noticed, that new classic sneakers from Converse have new logo? Few days ago I went with my girlfriend to buy her new shoes, and we were very suprised with that logo. Seller told us, that since now every Converse from new collection will have that type of logo What do you think about it? I was a little dissapointed - I was attached to the old one...
Comparsion of old and new logo:

Attachments

• cons1-1024x678.jpg
    cons1-1024x678.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 1
  • cons3-1024x678.jpg
    cons3-1024x678.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
Re: New Converse logo

I've seen it and hate it. They're simple shoes, they don't really need anything extra.

Man, that is disappointing, i do not like that look.

Didn't these marketers learn anything from the "NEW" Coke disaster? This takes away from the classic simple look and makes them busy. I mean how on earth did they ever get to be one of the most popular shoes WORLDWIDE after all these years they way they have been?? Keep it simple...

Not a fan either. Best thing to do is write Converse and let them know your displeasure and that you will be going to another brand of shoes. If they get enough and notice sales declines they will switch back. Nike (who owns Converse) is not known for keeping bad designs around long.

Hit them up on Twitter, Facebook, wherever. Tweet @Converse and let them know. Hit up their Facebook page, e-mail them.

I'd also start with "I think I got some fake Converse Chucks as the logo is wrong"....

Let them know you think they are knock offs and don't look good.

Not a fan either. Best thing to do is write Converse and let them know your displeasure and that you will be going to another brand of shoes. If they get enough and notice sales declines they will switch back. Nike (who owns Converse) is not known for keeping bad designs around long.

Hit them up on Twitter, Facebook, wherever. Tweet @Converse and let them know. Hit up their Facebook page, e-mail them.

I'd also start with "I think I got some fake Converse Chucks as the logo is wrong"....

Let them know you think they are knock offs and don't look good.

Writing them is actually an excellent idea!

Went to five different stores today to get a new pair of black low tops without the new logo. Finally found a pair at the last store. They're out there for now... Get them while you can.

Here's a pic for encouragement.

Attachments

• 6205002489_e6259bdd93_o.jpg
    6205002489_e6259bdd93_o.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 1

While I consider the one used in the last 10 years to be awesome, and then one used some 30 years before that to be the best heel patch, it isn't too dramatic of a change with the exception of the addition of the word "Converse" above this,, though I do have to say, it wasn't a necessary change (though it does make it easier to separte late 2000s era chucks (with their fuzzy rubber soles, compared with their pre 2005 bretheren) from the current ones. Even with all the knockoffs, like Airwalks, Skechers multiple variations on them, All Sports, etc., everyone who is even the slightest bit of a sneaker connoisseur knows what they're looking at when they see a pair of Converse Chucks!

Will have to say, I do hope that the toecaps do get the awesome shine they used to have back in the 1990s and early 2000s, as well as the phasing out of the fuzzy crap on the sole! That's one thing I miss about our constantly evolving favorite sneaker!

Back
Top Bottom