• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day
Re: New Zoo Revue

I think on the 70s Mickey Mouse Club some of the girls wore keds on that as well, and I think that it was part of the Disney park female employees dress code to wear them in white only.

Thanks for the replied answers. The reason I asked this was because when you look up fashion styles through the decades( and usually the fashion help define the decade as well.), you barely see anything of girls and keds finding to be in fashion in the 60's or 70's, or at least it initially gave that impression. I'm aware the there were keds during those two decades and that there were few individuals that may of wore them or so, but I never came across anything where keds were fashionable or a definite staple icon to those two decades as oppose to the 50's and later the 80's/90's.

I'm probably one of the younger members on this board here (born in 87) so the keds fashion I experience seeing was late 80's and early 90's (which mostly carried over the mid-late style). So I never really experience the daily life of those two decades.

Many here seems to be much older and seems to know more. So I thank you for the answers.

I'm glad you followed "...seem to be much older" with "seem to know more." It's great to hear a voice of reason from someone under 30.

Yes, fashion does help define a decade and Keds weren't considered the height of fashion in the '60s-'70s but they were prevalent as a daily wear shoe. In schools' PE classes in that era, every girl wore Keds, guaranteed. It was just part of the unofficial uniform. That's when and where my fixation began. For cheerleaders, band majorettes and dance team members, Keds replaced saddle shoes as the shoe of choice. In every single classroom, you could find several pair every day. It may not have been high fashion, but Keds were common as a serviceable, daily wear option because of their high functionality and low cost. I miss those days.

For cheerleaders, band majorettes and dance team members, Keds replaced saddle shoes as the shoe of choice.
This is what turned me on to college football: watching the Keds-clad cheerleaders. Nowadays the networks don't show the marching band. They show highlights from other games.

I brought up this really old thread because someone posted the whole episode with Emmy Jo in white keds. The quality is really good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is an episode of her wearing navy keds.

Another episode. She is wearing navy keds after the 15 min mark.

Another. She wearing keds at the 15min mark as well.

Back
Top Bottom