kedspop

Bronze Member
Reaction score
spent a couple of hours in a nightclub in Manhattan the other night. One of the girls out on the dance floor rocking away was wearing black/white checkered Vans slip ons. I never seemed to have my taste go far beyond Keds Champs, Anchors, or Decks. But I watched this girl dancing in her Vans and I...um...just WOW.

I like Vans is small doses as well. The thick rubber sides are nice.

she wasnt wearing socks...and it all just looked so right.

Vans

Vans

a friend of mine likes to wear her black canvas vans with short shorts. She looks hot when she wears them

Avril Lavigne likes black and white vans

Avril Lavigne likes black and white vans

I see Avril Lavigne wears black and white checkered Vans. She looks real cool!

If Vans are back, then so are the 80s

If Vans are back, then so are the 80s

If we're seeing black and white checked Vans, then the 80s are coming back around full swing. They were a good decade for Keds, so maybe we'll see a resurgence...perhaps that is already happening with the new colors and styles of the Champions now available on-line?

Boy do I hope so "inkeds". I've been anxiously awaiting the resurgence of some styles of Keds.

There are some things I can do without coming back into play, but hoping the Keds and Vans (deck style) do become popular again. I do like both very much. I don't care much for the slip-ons, prefer the lace/tie ones, but something is better than nothing.

Don't mean to burst your bubble

Don't mean to burst your bubble

Sorry Socrates

But Vans are making a come back I have seen some guys and girls wearing them around campus, although they are only slipons. And the only keds I have seen on women so far are over the age of 50. So I think vans r in style keds are still on the side lines.

Killerkeds

Tretorn Online Ordering

Tretorn Online Ordering

Seems to be Tretorn is back, which is good, because my wife just mentioned that she would love to buy a new pair, but can't find them anywhere...

http://www.tretorn.com/gullwing/collection.jsp?height=455&

They look a bit different from my wife's pair, but they have some great colors. Hopefully they are as comfortable as the originals. As far as I can tell, they ship to the US, usually taking 5-30 days (according to the "Terms and Conditions")

Let's see, Tretorn back, Vans back (although may be a disagreement there), canvas flats back, boy the 80s are in full swing. Now if Keds can recover...

Back
Top Bottom