RonR

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
USA
As most people know, the Tretorn Nylites were updated late in 2016 and with that update they much more resemble the Tretorns of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The cushioning is much better, the canvas is whiter and there is a terrycloth lining around the ankles. All good stuff!

My question is whether you think this is the new design moving forward or if they only did this re-work for the 50th anniversary of the Nylite. Thoughts?

Re: Updated Tretorn Nylites

I think it is a step forward. I haven't had a chance to try the new ones yet, but from what I've seen and heard they are a step closer to the cushioning from the 80s. I think they finally have heard the complaints of so many that the new ones lacked the comfort of the vintage ones. To be fair, Tretorns are one of my favorite things ever so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part!

Have you and/or your wife/gf tried the new ones? Are they a big step forward?

Yes she has. They are much better than the ones of the recent years. The white canvas is much more white and durable. The laces are of a better quality. The cushioning is similar to the 80's/90's. And the collar around the ankle is a padded terrycloth. All in all, pretty good. I hope they stay this way or get a little better.

Yes she has. They are much better than the ones of the recent years. The white canvas is much more white and durable. The laces are of a better quality. The cushioning is similar to the 80's/90's. And the collar around the ankle is a padded terrycloth. All in all, pretty good. I hope they stay this way or get a little better.

All of that sounds great! I can't wait to get a new pair to add to my collection!

I saw a pair in the clearance rack at my DSW a few months back. I saw someone post on FB they were at their Macy's. Best bet is probably online though.

Back
Top Bottom