Re: what brand is this?

Funny you would ask this now. I just got back from Target after buying these exact shoes this evening, only mine are the solid black. The brand is "Mussimo Supply Co." The model is "Olga." $13. Found at your local Target, or their online store if there isn't one in your area.

I am not anti-knockoff, given what we use them for. How do these stack up against Keds and other knockoffs?

They are really cheaply made, really thin soles. The only ones worse are the ones from Urban Outfitters. However, I like mine slightly worn, so breaking in knock offs are a bit less time consuming to get the slightly worn look and feel. They don't last long at all, though.
I would say the best bang for your buck knock-off are surprisingly the K-Mart Joe Boxer ones. Those are almost better than the real Keds these days with Keds' quality these days.

They are really cheaply made, really thin soles. The only ones worse are the ones from Urban Outfitters. However, I like mine slightly worn, so breaking in knock offs are a bit less time consuming to get the slightly worn look and feel. They don't last long at all, though.
I would say the best bang for your buck knock-off are surprisingly the K-Mart Joe Boxer ones. Those are almost better than the real Keds these days with Keds' quality these days.

I think the Joe Boxer have been discontinued but you are right they are pretty good quality.

Back
Top Bottom