• All email services are currently down. I hope for a fix within a day

TOM01

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
usa
Just curious, what kind of sneakers do you guys wear that like women who wear Keds ?
I know Keds makes the champion for men but I would never wear them. Can't imagine the looks I would get.
A while back I had a pair of men's Keds Anchors that were not quite as thick on the sole as normal boat sneakers but passable for a man to wear. Actually got rid of them because I could only wear them with socks, other wise I got blisters.
I've become a big fan of Vans for myself as well as look-a-likes by Old Navy, American Eagle Outfitters...

Re: What kind of sneakers do you guys wear?

I have as I put in my journal here, worn Keds Champions from childhood in the 50s to time into college.I moved changed friends and began getting looks.Then the whole Dirty Dancing, Saved By the Bell, Full house, and Growing Pains era came along and I tried to bring my Champions back with a lot of acceptance. But sad to say I don't at the moment wear any, out. Vans would be my choice or knockoffs.My wife searched Keds for us, Keds Teacup is a two eyelet style as was out in the 60s. Very feminine but I want some again.That's that pair style I got from someone in HS.She's ordering them and some for her.

Last edited:

I honestly don't care what anyone thinks and I love Keds, and knockoffs. I'd say I wear my Keds about 65%, vans 10%, knockoff Cons 10%, nikes/other sneakers the other 15%. I don't notice any looks and if I do I always look them straight in the eyes and they almost always turn away or smile. ;-) I've never had a mean word said to me, I did hear some 12ish YO girls saying, "look at his shoes, they look like girls". I just looked at them and smiled. Life is too short to date ugly women and wear ugly shoes.
Happy New Years to all!! Hope 2017 has LOTS of Keds and the like in store for all of us to enjoy!

I wear Converse Mids and add an arch insole for comfort. Hadn't worn Chucks for years until I found these. They're also known as Street Mids.

I wear Converse Mids and add an arch insole for comfort.

Have you heard of the Chuck II? It has memory foam on the tongue and a more advanced insole, but they are a bit expensive. I have never tried them, but after Google searching them, they sound comfortable.

As for me, I wear low top Chucks 75% of the time, Vans slip-ons and Authentics 20% of the time, and some other shoe the other 5%, not counting work where I usually wear steel-toe. I wear Keds and Keds knock-offs indoors basically as slippers to keep my feet warm, but only wear them out on occasion.

I almost always wear women's Champs, though I have a couple pairs of men's, some Vans lo-pros, and other assorted shoes. Got my GF to wear keds too, sometimes we end up wearing the same color. 🙂

I'm definitely obsessed with Keds on women, but I can't say I find the idea of them on my own feet appealing at all. You'll usually find me in Puma Mostro's or Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66's.

I occasionally wear Keds, currently only have a pair of the chukkas. Wife hates them so I usually wear them alone or for playtime. I do wear them in public without much issue, even hike in them.
I'm a big Converse low wearer, but having some arthritis and joint issues I generally save them for occasional wear, playtime, getting wet.
Most of the time I wear decent running shoes, but my compromise to old school is Saucony Jazz Low Pros. Enjoy them a lot.

I have but I haven't seen them in the stores not even the Converse Outlet. But if I do I'll let you know.

I think keds champs on guys is not a bad look. I wear my grey champs lace-ups all the time and never get a second look.
Also i have a brown twill pair , slip ons and a pair of leather roster high-tops .

Other than keds I wear hi and lo converse.(mostly hi) and white supergas.

I have had vans , but not at the moment.

When i was younger i was more self-conscious and restricted myself to more commonplace converse
, but now i realize nobody cares what sneakers i wear.

Back
Top Bottom