Re: Draft Petition

Has anyone brought up or maybe it is just me. But my wife has had problems with the heel rubbing blisters. If they are going to perfect the product something needs to be done about that.

The petition is up and functional. We have added a comment field for any additional comments you wish to add.

Here is what we have tabulated as the main issues of contention. If you have anything to add or have a problem with any of the items respond to this post ASAP. I will be publishing the petition Monday May 26, 2008 at which time edits will be closed.

Draft start /
As previously loyal but currently dissatisfied customers we offer Keds Inc. the following feedback.

The current 2008 basic Champion product is unsatisfactory for the following reasons.

I) The sole should be all rubber. The synthetic material now used is inflexible, has poor traction, makes an embarrassing sound when walking on hard surfaces, and is not in true sneaker tradition.
2) The insole foot bed is horribly uncomfortable. It feels like it may be glued to an uneven surface (ESO sole).
3) The width of the ESO version is not true to size.
4) The Keds label on the heel should be proportional to the sneaker size. The one-size-fits-all label looks as funny on small and larger sizes as the one-size-fits all hospital gowns look on small on large people. It just doesn’t “fit".
5) The eyelets should be painted. The eyelets are functional but bare metal on an otherwise colored shoe is unfashionable. It looks like someone forgot to finish the job in an attempt to make a cheap shoe.
6) Two air eyelets above the foxing (inner side) near the arch should be incorporated to allow for cooling of the foot. Your female customers will appreciate the same comfort that this design provides to men.

While we appreciate innovation, you have innovated yourself away from your roots. Not all change is improvement. Your older product was of better design, quality, construction and of true sneaker tradition. We look forward to resuming our purchases of Keds products when these issues have been resolved.

/ Draft end
OKAY. Good job Seeker..the pettiton adresses the sticking point issues HELLO KEDS..or PayLess..when did PayLess buy them from StrideRite?

Payless bought StrideRite or factually the Corp that owns Payless has bought StrideRite and is now called Collective Brands

Collective Brands (NYSE😛SS) has been in bad shape ever since the Stride Rite acquisition, when Stride Rite itself was doing so well.

They've tried to reposition themselves within the store away from their cheap shoe image, but I guess it's not sticking. Consider sell/shorting when the price retraces around the resistance at 12.68 if you are aggressive.

A 300 million lawsuit they lost to Adidas has not helped either.

Im not sure this is something that we could but I am to unhappy with the current mens ked and maybe we could start are own line of keds knock offs and start selling thse and make them the way we think the mens keds should have been in the first place

Back
Top Bottom