Re: Mens Champions on Keds.com

Other than the yellow insole and five bare metal eyelets, looks pretty much like the womens styles. I'm still planning on picking-up a pair or two anyway, even though I have more than a dozen pairs of womens white canvas Champs in my possesion.

And did anyone noticed the slip-on Champs for this season? They changed the look, like a cross between it and the lace-up Champs.

I think I said it before but I'm going to pass. I think its great they have them again for new generations but the metal eylets are a no go for me. I still have new mens champs from the 80's and 50.00 for the new ones seem a bit unreal.

I dont even have an option. What is up with starting them at size 8. I wear a mens 7 1/2. I agree with seeker on this one as well. 50 dollars is extreme. When you can buy womens at 30 dollars from most places and around town on sale as little as 20 dollars a pair.

I received my pair today. Out of the box, I was really underwhelmed. The soles have tennis racquets imprinted into them. As some of you stated, not impressed by the metal silver eyelets nor the yellow insoles. Too bad keds is trying more for the retro look. I think its hurting the sale of shoes they have as I don’t care too much for any of the mens line they have to offer (the tie-up champs being the exception but now hurt by what they did to it). They are trying to hard to reinvent an icon (the champs). Back to the womens champs I go…

Bummer! If they were just like the last generation of men's champs, I'd have no problem with the price - after all this is one of my favorite hobbies! Thanks for the review, I won't waste my time and money on the men's. I'll just keep buying the womens, which by the way have only gotten me complements.

I received my pair today. Out of the box, I was really underwhelmed. The soles have tennis racquets imprinted into them. As some of you stated, not impressed by the metal silver eyelets nor the yellow insoles. Too bad keds is trying more for the retro look. I think its hurting the sale of shoes they have as I don’t care too much for any of the mens line they have to offer (the tie-up champs being the exception but now hurt by what they did to it). They are trying to hard to reinvent an icon (the champs). Back to the womens champs I go…

Can you post-up pics of your pair?

I want to like these, but I'll have to see them in person first. However, the sizing issue as mentioned. I wear a womens 8 in Champs, which would be a mens 6. Unless if they actually have a size smaller than a mens 8 that isn't listed on their site, I may have to pass as well.

And as I said in the other thread, it would've been easier for Keds to just label the mens sizes in the existing womens Champs and sell them in places where they are currently sold. It would save them the effort and money. And it wouldn't be fifty-freakin'-dollars for some simple canvas sneaks that you could get for $20 in the womens section.

And as I said in the other thread, it would've been easier for Keds to just label the mens sizes in the existing womens Champs and sell them in places where they are currently sold. It would save them the effort and money. And it wouldn't be fifty-freakin'-dollars for some simple canvas sneaks that you could get for $20 in the womens section.

I agree all they needed to do was go with unisex sizing like converse and expand the sizes up to a womens 15.

How's the width?? I was hoping they would come out with mens wide sizes. Does the mens M seem like a womans wide or XW?? Thanks.

I'm betting the marketing genius (they apparently only have one) at keds decided that it would be best to make the mens more manly and different from the womens.

I think we as a group should politely email customer service and convey our displeasure with this product.

Back
Top Bottom