Re: Mens Champions on Keds.com

Here are some pics. Also the shoelaces were way too long. The width seems like that of the womens XW's. I agree with Seeker, don't reinvent, just up the sizing and make unisex.

Attachments

• DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01139.JPG
    DSC01139.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01140.JPG
    DSC01140.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 0

Um, wow I'm not liking the outsoles much. The removable insoles look fine to me though, a bit of a 70s-80s throwback there.

If you looked at the French shoe store site that was posted in the other thread, that didn't have the tennis racket imprinted outsoles but the crepe soles that are similar to the Champ 2K, and the insoles had a printed pattern. With those details, I thought those would sell here as well.

*sigh* They almost got it right. I'd go shoot them an email asking to change the design of the outsoles and put white eyelets on as well.

i have to say i waited too...but as i am in Ottawa right now and Tall Girl is just down the street and they have size 11 Champs just in for Spring....guess what? i called, talked to Ash, i walked, and went in and expressed my pleasure to her about how the men's champs definately, though they were just released, are no where near as nice a styling as the women's. She said hey! At this price, and they are so comfortable, I just have to agree with you! They are really nice....They're a must have for us this Spring! How's that for a ringing endorsement from a 20 something girl who know's style when its there?

Works for me all the time!

g

Attachments

• new blk champs.jpg
    new blk champs.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 0
  • soon.jpg
    soon.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0

Good comments. Here's my take. Price is high but I suppose they want to play with Converse and PF Flyers and take high margins on men's as a fashion item (not just canvas). In any case at least we have more options and styles to select. I look forward to seeing more keds out in the public.
Also size runs in mens normaly run 7 to 13 so that is what shoe companies make. If you need a special size contact them directly or order via Nordstrom's.
Finally if you really don't want to pay the retail price I am sure they will be 'on sale' soon somewhere on the web later in the spring. That's when I will buy them!:icon_razz

Price definately too much $50.00 but have patience as in most things with time the price will drop. Eventually will buy a pair because Keds are the greatest.

Funny . . . I was all set not to like the new Mens Champs, because of all the annoying little changes they've made, that add up to a lot of changes . . . I don't care for the dumb "tennis racket" sole in particular, and the price is just eye-rollingly high. But then I got a pair of the black/black Champs, and despite everything, I'm really liking them as a shoe to wear. Its great to have a pair of new Mens Champs to wear that are built on a mens' last and really fit.

The new Mens Champs aren't our old loves, that's for sure, but maybe they can be our new loves, at least for some of us.

Has anyone purchased the Navy style? The picture on the Keds.com site shows a white inside as opposed to the "heritage" yellow shown on the white and black styles. I'd definitely buy a pair in Navy if it is more like the women's design.

It seems like someone at Keds said, "Men's Champs will never sell." and then went out of her way to prove it by designing and marketing this piece of crap.

If you all are interested in seeing some good pictures of the mens new champions. shoes .com has some really good pics. They have all three colors. I really dont think they are all that bad. The big problem I have is I wear a 7 1/2 and they start in an 8. The price is also a little steep. Especially when you can normally find the womens on sale for around 20 dollars.

I fought it, but it turns out I couldn't resist getting a pair of the men's champions after all. Granted, they are not the women's champs that I've grown to love, but they look pretty close and they do have the blue label on the heel. Besides, the fact that they were "mens" gave me the courage to wear them right out of the box on a recent trip. As far as I'm concerned, they may as well have been women's champs. Knowing that they don't follow this as closely as we do, I'm sure a few of my fellow travelers thought that they were the women's version. Here are a few pics at the airport.

Attachments

• menschamps 010.jpg
    menschamps 010.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 0
  • menschamps 008.jpg
    menschamps 008.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 0
  • menschamps 007.jpg
    menschamps 007.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0
  • menschamps 006.jpg
    menschamps 006.jpg