Killerkeds

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
Somewhere in Canada
Lets say for arguement sake that Misha does get dropped by Keds. Who do you guys think should take over as spokesperson for our favorite sneaker? Right now I am thinking of Hayden Panettiere, or Katherine Heigl.

Re: New Keds Girl

oh there are so many girls out there that i would be thrilled to see wearing keds, or any white canvas shoes for that matter... let's see... keira knightley, scarlett johannson, jessica biel, jessica alba, (i dun like her so much but hey she's popular), lindsay lohan, natalie portman, also most of those girls in the import scenes (those slutty car-girl models).

to be honest though, if only hannah montana (miley cyrus) would wear them, then the WHOLE WORLD would wear them.

I think you may be thinking too old. Keds needs to find the 13 to 15 year old good girl.

Seeker has got it! Older wear what the youger gils do. I have never seen the young girls follow a older trend.

Lets say for arguement sake that Misha does get dropped by Keds. Who do you guys think should take over as spokesperson for our favorite sneaker? Right now I am thinking of Hayden Panettiere, or Katherine Heigl.

I second your choices of Hayden and Katherine. Hayden proved she was a teen-knockout/idol during the "Heroes" series. Teen Vogue continues to catalog her and her styles.

I have to disagree with you there Seeker and Kedsfreak, most women that I know think of Keds as either a grandma's sneaker or the sneaker that they wore when they were little girls. I read some fashion blogs for Keds and most are in agreement that they consider the old style Keds to be something they wore from Kindergarden to elementry. Right now Keds needs to follow up on the 20s something market and the best way to do that is by getting in with popular culture TV shows. Another thing I considered is that most young girls want to look muture so they go with whats on TV or film. I did considered Emma Roberts, Nakota Fanning and Kay Panabaker, but I can not see them really appealing to the teen markets, or 20s somethings. They would more likely appeal to the pre-teen 8-12 years of age girls. Anyway do you guys have any favs that you would consider?

The fact is, Keds has marketing stats that has shown 10 to 12 year swings in fads of a basic champ sneaker since their inception.
We know that late 80's thru about 1998 they were the item. we know that we have suffered about 10 years of boots,running shoes,sandels and flip flops in the youger middle age and they have run out of options again, So keds have pushed their line to new extremes because they will be implamented into spring fashion and on. We're most likely to see another 7 or 8 years of increased sales wich means another keds era.
My prediction is the boards here at the groups will be lighting up with pics from everywhere. So all of us old foggies will see one more feast
in our lifetime.

Like I said before.. If Keds sponsor some of the Pro and Junior Pro surf girls every girl around will be in a pair of Keds in a flash.. Or again, how about Hanna Montana, Ash Simpson, Willa Holland, Olivia Wild, Samari Armstrong.. The list is endless.. Want some profile Avril Lavine or Hilly Duff.. Hell theres a mile of girls.. With out even trying I can think of a couple of our Planet models that would stitch up a promo better than Mish ever could... :icon_bigg:icon_biggWalk softly people..

Sadly I think we are in for a 'non endorsement stage' with the faceless Payless running the Keds brand. Hard to tell but it wouldn't be a surprise if Keds shows up in some of the Payless stores. If so, don't look for any new icons to represent the brand - young or old. Mischa is lucky to still be there after her problems with the law.

Keep keds on your feet to do our own promotion!

So do any of you guys have a favorite female that you would want to see work for Keds as a spokesperson? Just pick two people, and please don't let this get into a debating rut, just tell who u would want to see. I did not mean for this thread to open up about what age group or, whether or not Keds will survive after Misha gets the boot. I just wanted to know who would make a good Keds Hotty?

Back
Top Bottom