Re: New Keds Girl

Personally, I think a fresh new face is needed. Someone with bright energy and positive attitude and a curvy little body to boot. I think someone ethnic would be nice for a change. Maybe an asian or a black or latina girl? Mischa was a good spokesmodel, but it would be nice to get a girl that is not already entrenched in the scenes at Hollywood that can capture everyone's attention early on.

I've been thinking about this and I've come to the conclusion that having a paid spokesman like Mischa in the future would be a bad idea. You always run the risk that your paid mouth will say the wrong thing and have a meltdown like Mischa did. Better they team up with known Fashion icons for specialty designs like Nanette Lepore and others will do more for promotion than Mischa ever did.

Keds just needs to hire fresh attractive men / women to model the products in various venues. That along with product placement and more designer affiliations would do wonders. Example Kate Hudson in "Fools Gold".

Miley Cyrus would be the logical choice. She is currently the biggest and most sought-after star amongst the pre-teen set. They will eat anything up that is Hannah Montana.

I also do think Keds should have a male to pitch the mens line as well. That should need more exposure. Remember when the Triumph came out a couple years ago? I think they had Leonardo Di Caprio rock a pair at the time of his movie 'The Aviator'.

I think in this day and age product placement is probably a better idea than straight up paying someone to be a spokesperson. People (especially the 15-30 demographic) are so saturated with ads these days through various medium (TV, radio, on the street, on the internet) that they filter the ads right out. However, if Keds could place keds in a couple of movies and have the girls (and guys) wear them then they have a better chance of getting young people's attention.

I for one can see that keds get plugged into shows like Hannah Montana, or maybe the Hills on MTV? Because of my limited TV exposure that is all I can think of.... Maybe an episode of those reality shows on E! or vh1? Those seem to be catching all the attention these days (at least in SoCal)....

Kelly (Tiffani - Amber Thiessen) from Saved by the Bell. She wore Keds when she was on that show and fit Keds just fine...

Kelly (Tiffani - Amber Thiessen) from Saved by the Bell. She wore Keds when she was on that show and fit Keds just fine...

Boy - that's a great blast from the past! Any of the girls who wore them on the show were "fine" at the time.

I've been digging up some of my old 80's movies. I'm not sure of the one actress name in St. Elmo's Fire, but she wears blue Keds quite often - she's the blonde. Ally Sheedy and Demi Moore were also in the movie.

Having any of these women wearing Keds would be great now!

Also, I'm not 100% sure that the one kid in Stand By Me is wearing Keds or Keds knock-offs. Jerry O'connel is the actor name - I don't remember the character.

Another great blast from the past who looked and would look great in Keds is Jennifer Love Hewitt. The whole cast of women from Scream would also look great in Keds.

I think I said this before - the show Kyle XY has some great girls in it - Kyle's girlfriend Amanda "Kirsten Prout" is hot. I thought at one point I spotted here wearing some Burgundy Triumph style - but it was quick. I think she would look awesome in Champions.

Gads she must be 40 now 🙂 She'd definitely qualify in a MILF category.

I saw an episode of Flavor of Love 2 where one of the girls wore wearing Keds. I have that clip on tape and I'll post it here if anybody is interested...

Here's my fantasy idea (will never happen though):
Tiffani Amber-Thiessen and Elizabeth Berkley together in a commercial or campaign for keds saying how much they enjoyed wearing them in Saved by the Bell, and that they still wear them to this day! Maybe with some cameo appearances by Leah Remini and Tori Spelling wearing keds.

Otherwise, I think keds corporation needs to get their sneakers into shows like Grey's Anatomy, Hannah Montana, and definitely on the models on Deal or No Deal....

. . . and definitely on the models on Deal or No Deal . . .

Remember back when the one contestant had all the models in black chucks?

It would be cool to see a contestant have all the girls wear champions.

What color and what costume ideas would work best? Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom