Re: Old Magazine Clippings

WOW! :icon_eek:

This stuff is amazing! Keep the clips coming - 100's of them - we'll take them ALL!

Some great ideas for outfits for future shoots, too! What do you think Seeker?

Love the possibilities, the memories and thanks for sharing!

I had amassed quite a collection from Seventeen magazine years ago, but it was tossed out when I went away to the military. How I wished I still had it!

Here's a new batch for you to enjoy.

Attachments

• Kedsa.jpg
    Kedsa.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsj.jpg
    Kedsj.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Kedsi.jpg
    Kedsi.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Kedsh.jpg
    Kedsh.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Kedsg.jpg
    Kedsg.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsf.jpg
    Kedsf.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedse.jpg
    Kedse.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsd.jpg
    Kedsd.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsc.jpg
    Kedsc.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 5
  • Kedsb.jpg
    Kedsb.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 5

There used to be a Keds pointy toe "70's shop poster" that is still permently etched in my mind.. I'm pretty sure it came out after I got back from Nam.. There were two girls, one sitting on the front guard (fender) and the other perched on the door holding onto the windscreen of a (about) 65-67 red Corvette.. (both girls were posed sort of faceing each other at an angle so their Keds came closer together) The girl on the door had white pointy toe keds and the one on the fender had black pointy toe's on. They also had those white lace frilly sox... The poster was divided into two halves with a full length shot of the Vett and the girls parked at a beach and the second was a close up of the girls frilly lace ankles and pointy Keds...
Any one seen this poster around..???..
There were also a couple more posters and mag adds of the girls standing around the Vett (in normal Champions) and sitting on the trunk and hood but the first with the pointy toes is the one that has stayed all these years... It had to be a good poster to stay in my grey matter this long...
Maybe a theme for a shoot with that red 'Cuda' Seeker..??.. Walk softly people.. :icon_idea:icon_idea

Sorry I don't have the Vette pictures. Sounds like a fantasy. Here's some more of what I do have, however.

Attachments

• Ked10.jpg
    Ked10.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ked9.jpg
    Ked9.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Ked8.jpg
    Ked8.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Ked7.jpg
    Ked7.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Ked6.jpg
    Ked6.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Ked5.jpg
    Ked5.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Ked4.jpg
    Ked4.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Ked3.jpg
    Ked3.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Ked2.jpg
    Ked2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Ked1.jpg
    Ked1.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 4

Beautiful stuff!!!! Thanks so much. GOD I miss the 80's!!!!:icon_lol::icon_evil

Great work as always.:icon_cool

Mornin Treadhead,
Thanks again for the great pics...
I was thinking on that pointy toe Ked add yesterday.. Mate it was no fantasy.. Over here we have a department store chain called David Jones.. I was on pre discharge leave in 1970.. About 2 weeks into my leave "she who will be obeyed" (and still thinks she is) needed a new pair of fashion high heel knee boots.. Down to D.J's., we went.. As we walked into the womens shoe section there was the Vette poster hanging from the ceiling by fishing line.. Da Babe walked out with her new boots and her old black hi's Cons in a shopping bag and her white sox and new black and white trim pointy keds on her feet... Thats how I know that add wasn't a fantasy and I became a pointy toe Ked freak... The add also did the rounds of a couple of womens mags at the time.. I saw the daughter wearing them to high school in the mid-late 80s' and the wife wore them to a few parties at the same time.. They girls seemed to be shareing them.. But they have vanished since never to be seen again.. Two females wearing them I guess they got flogged and battered to death..
Walk softly people.. :icon_evil:icon_evil

Yes!! I rushed home from the jobsite knowing you'd post some more pics!! Thanks a million~! Many, I sure can't fuss about being busy lately and its great to find new keds pics for me weary eyes. Oh yeah, Happy St. Patricks day to ALL our sneaker lovers!! (yeah, I just like to get a jump start on the day!!). Thanks again Treadhead!! :icon_wink

My scanner is really slow, and so scanning these has become a bit tedious, but if they make you that happy...

Attachments

• aked9.jpg
    aked9.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 4
  • aked8.jpg
    aked8.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 4
  • aked7.jpg
    aked7.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 3
  • aked6.jpg
    aked6.jpg