Re: Old Magazine Clippings

I started collecting this stuff in the late 70s, before there was an Internet. I'm glad there are at least a few people out there who enjoy looking at them.

Attachments

• Kedsa.jpg
    Kedsa.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsj.jpg
    Kedsj.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsi.jpg
    Kedsi.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsh.jpg
    Kedsh.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsg.jpg
    Kedsg.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsf.jpg
    Kedsf.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedse.jpg
    Kedse.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsd.jpg
    Kedsd.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsc.jpg
    Kedsc.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedsb.jpg
    Kedsb.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 4

I sure appreicate them. I had a pretty big collection as well. I sent mine a few years ago to kedsfan who scnned them and we posted them to the old fashion galleries.

Thanks again Mate for the patience with the slow scanner... Truly apreciated... :icon_cool:icon_cool Walk softly people..

Here's today's batch. More to come.

Attachments

• Kedst.jpg
    Kedst.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Kedss.jpg
    Kedss.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsr.jpg
    Kedsr.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsq.jpg
    Kedsq.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsp.jpg
    Kedsp.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedso.jpg
    Kedso.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsn.jpg
    Kedsn.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsm.jpg
    Kedsm.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsl.jpg
    Kedsl.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Kedsk.jpg
    Kedsk.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 3

Thanks for the memories. I grew up "clipping" Keds pic's from magazines. I remember sitting in the main library in college and pulling all of the old fashion mags and sitting in a cube looking at the keds ads and other pics of keds in ads and articles. Got rid of all of mine in one of those "i dont need these" moments about 20 years ago. Your clippings are really cool!

These are fantastic. Great work! Goes to show how big Keds were back in those days.

There is this one magazine ad for Cigna health insurance in the back of a Newsweek issue in the mid to late 90s, and had a sepia-toned pic of this woman with her family posed on the front steps of their home. She had on a floral summer dress, jean jacket, and really worn white canvas Keds with the soles separating from the canvas. She looked really cute. I used to have that clipping somewhere, but it's long gone. I'd really love to see that ad again.

Sorry, but I might not be posting for a few days. I really need to work on something and this Internet stuff is too distracting. Anyway, here's a few for now. The girl sitting on the dock is Pheobe Cates, and I believe the woman on the right of the pic with three woman wearing purple and blue is Rene Russo, but I'm not certain.

Attachments

• akeds9.jpg
    akeds9.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 3
  • akeds8.jpg
    akeds8.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 3
  • akeds7.jpg
    akeds7.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 4
  • akeds6.jpg
    akeds6.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 4
  • akeds5.jpg
    akeds5.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 4
  • akeds4.jpg
    akeds4.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 4
  • akeds3.jpg
    akeds3.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 4
  • akeds2.jpg
    akeds2.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 4
  • aked1.jpg
    aked1.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 3
  • akeds10.jpg
    akeds10.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 4

Many thanks!! You've made my week.

Treadhead,

You have reallly given me something to look forward to when I finally get out of work. Only in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that someone would have kept all those pictures and scanned them for my (and others) viewing pleasure. You have made those wildest dreams come true, I cannot thank you enough.

Best of luck on your project and as for your apology ... it is totally unnecesary we are lucky to have you posting at all.

Kedsfan

Back
Top Bottom