OK, I've finally decided to get posting on this site, enough with the lurking. My favorites are definitely the white Champions, both in canvas and leather, though I like most of the colors out there.

Champions?

Champions?

140kcftsx said:
OK, I've finally decided to get posting on this site, enough with the lurking. My favorites are definitely the white Champions, both in canvas and leather, though I like most of the colors out there.

Good choice!! Leather is not my fav, but I do own a few pairs. Glad to see your post.
Ashley.

nice job!

nice job!

140kcftsx said:

Great to see! Thanks for speaking out!

In the present-day vacuum of deck sneakers, especially the now non-existent Keds Anchors, my favorites are the topstitched navy Champs.

Any other sightings are great too, but few and far between. I yearn patiently for the return of the good old days. Heck, even a Huntington sighting is refreshing these days. When I get terminally nostalgic, I do some digging in the nether reaches of the closet to rekindle my love affair with a multitude of great old styles such as white Keds Royals (like Pro-Keds, but under the Keds brand name), Raves, Court Kings, Aces, Spin, Spin II, Surfers, and of course Anchors!

Next to Champs my choice is the Anchor or Sperry's. I grew up in a boating family and the only sneakers we were allowed to be on a wet deck with was Topsiders because of the razor cut sole. Back then 60's / 70's the Sperry's had slightly a tapered toe which made them a real attractive shoe. One of the members in another thread posted some pictures of Lauren Hutton who wore Anchors frequently. I know I have maybe a dozen photos' of her in the archives. I should dig them up and repost them.

I'm with seeker. Navy does it for me. But light blue ain't bad either.

Any color Champions, but..

Any color Champions, but..

I also like the poses, or movement of a woman in Keds. Like when my wife is wearing them and she goes on her tip toes to reach something...or when she crosses her legs and bobs her Ked-clad foot, geez I could go on forever.

I'm with you there, inkeds. Seeing a woman stand on her tip toes, or stand girly with one shoe up against the other at almost a 90 degree angle... yup, that does it for me. As for colors, I don't really care. I'd have to say white champs on a pretty girl are super hot, sockless or with socks, doesn't matter. I like folded down anklets over keds especially. Just as long as it's girlie. I don't like keds with ugly men's crew socks, which I've seen some women wear. Total YUCK!

Unfortunately, it still seems that only older women wear Keds. The last time I saw an attractive lady that wore them was way back in early August, and even she looked to be mid 30's. I can't even remember the last time I saw any of the younger generation in them. Just gotta keep looking I guess.

Back
Top Bottom