Re: 2007 Keds Sightings...

hey went to england for a couple of days and wao! the majority of younger women have knockoff keds. I didn´t see one real pair of keds but I would say over half of women 15-25 wore a pair of knockoffs, usually white and usually trashed. and those who didn´t wear a pair of knockoffs had some type of other canvas sneakers (flats, skimmers or converse all stars). i would say 95% of the young women population has a pair of canvas sneakers and is trashing them. it is definitely the style now there as it´s that grungy, comfortable look. It was incredible! move to england!!!

Saw a cute younger mother at a race today wearing brand new white champs like the ones at journeys- with the tag on the side. She was stepping rather gingerly since the paddock was a bit muddy in places and she looked like she had gotten a little on them.

MORE Keds! They are coming back gents! The Champs are showing up in DC on younger/college age girls, MILF's and others. I watched a 23 year old or so on Friday in a pair of the white champ classics that were the "KEDS" logo pair painted with the KEDS on them. No laces. I took some phone pic's and will upload them later. I am SOOO pleased that they are back! keep posting when you spot keds especially the originail champs.

So I work at an upscale grocery store, so I see a lot of people in one day. I was pretty excited today, as I saw at least 5 decent looking women wearing authentic keds, and plenty more wearing knockoffs. Hopefully I'll continue to see more of this trend this summer!

I saw a couple of 30 plus women wearing canvas keds in mall. I got a few pics which I will post later. Hard to get pics with cell phone as they move around - shopping of course. I think I will hang out at the shoe department of Macy's waiting for the perfect keds girl.
:icon_eek:

In the Uk at the moment, women are really going mad for the keds/canvas knock-off look :icon_bigg I've only spied one girl in a pair of white keds in my local town, most seem to be drawn to the knock-offs like several women in my workplace, but that's fine with me!, My gf has been wearing keds for months now since they hit the uk.:icon_wink

OK, I live in central PA, the "Amish country" areas. This must be about the worst possible place to see keds on women: it's flip flops everywhere. Ugh. Anyway, I went to a farmer's market today, and despite seeing thousands of flip-flops, I did see one cute teenage girl wearing blue kedstype shoes. They were not champs, but had some kind of white lining around them. She was sockless and it looked really nice! I would have discreetly followed her, but it was so crowded and I was rather annoyed by it all. First time I've seen keds-type shoes on a younger woman in about three years here--so that will tell you how dry it is around here

I saw some nice keds on a middle aged woman the other day at the marina on lake murray in south carolina. It was refreshing as she was quite attractive.

I am encouraged by the reports out of D.C., as I will be visiting there the 18th of this month. I hope to see tons of keds. I am a big fan of the white champions in canvas and leather, but am more into the leather right now.

Yesterday, at an Asian lunch joint, I saw a mother with her two daughters. One of the daughters was probably 17 and was wearing skinny jeans and white canvas slip on champs. She had some form fitting layered shirt action going and long blond hair. Due to the fact that she was younger than is legally acceptable in my state, I did not lust over her even one tiny little, teeny weeny bit.

No socks either for you you barefoot freaks!

:icon_mrgr

Back
Top Bottom