Re: 2007 Keds Sightings...

I'm still completing my master's degree in the evenings, so when I show up for class, most of the undergraduates are leaving the building.

Absolutely gorgeous senior (had to be, given the level of textbook she had) wearing a pair of pink and black striped distressed Champion slip-ons. She was sitting on one of the chairs in the lounge area, bobbing her foot as it was crossed over the other leg. Drove me nuts.

I'm still completing my master's degree in the evenings, so when I show up for class, most of the undergraduates are leaving the building.

Absolutely gorgeous senior (had to be, given the level of textbook she had) wearing a pair of pink and black striped distressed Champion slip-ons. She was sitting on one of the chairs in the lounge area, bobbing her foot as it was crossed over the other leg. Drove me nuts.

I love when the do that too. It reminds me once I was on a bus from Toronto to Hamilton and this girl wore very cute white champions and bobbed her foot up and down. I stared at her shoes the entire hour trip.

MK

I am now a sophomore at my college and there are so many more Keds than last year. They are mostly skimmers and a few distressed champions. Last year there were only Converse and Vans slip ons. Keds are comming alive here, and that was in just one year.

Saw a cutie at the mall the other day working a vendor stand. I'd say about 20 or so, kinda punkish with her hair up in a big black bow. She was wearing a with with little black polka dots shirt, blue jeans rolled about halfway up her calves, black socks rolled down, and green distressed champs with no laces. Passed her a couple times, she was just sittng there, legs crossed bobbing her foot. woot!

I've been seeing a number of Champs knock offs lately here in california. I work down the road from the local highschool and often see the kids walking to/from school. I've noted several cute girls wearing knock off lace up champs. I can't slow down enough to see the label, but it appears to be a pretty neutral color and is located where the Keds label usually is. I got a look at the tops of one of them in line at the store the other day and they are 4 white eyelet laceups with a toe almost the same shape as Keds. Again, didn't get a good look at the foxing or the label. I also note that the construction looks okay-not like payless cheapies.

I go to college in California and i have been seeing girls in not just the trendy keds but the more classic keds as well. Within 30 minutes today i saw a cute Asian girl in denim champs, a girl in leather andies wearing tight jeans, and this preppy girl in a long dress with navy champs and neon green ankle socks. I thought i was really turned on until the girl with the navy keds started playing dance dance revolution right across from my pool table.... man was she making those keds bend and squeak. :icon_lol:

Likewise at my university in California. Keds are everywhere.

Too bad u guys can't get no pics, hopefully it will improve here in the boonies. But I have my doubts. :icon_cry:

Champs and Champs knockoffs are everywhere here in central California. I have even seen groups of girls wearing white lace up champs. All highschool age. In fact, all highschool girls walking to and from school. I haven't seen anything like this since the late 80's

I have seen a few CHAMPS in the DC area. And, yes, the trend seems to be skewing younger. The high school girls seem to be wearing more from the lepore line than the other lines. I spoke to a few ladies that like the new Wedge. I dont know if the "NEW" lines are helping the cause of the Champ. But, I guess anything that gets the blue label out there is good for us Champ lovers.

Back
Top Bottom