Re: 2007 Keds Sightings...

went to chicago for the weekend, and I saw tons of slip on keds, skimmers (one that wore hers with the heel down), and surprisingly, a couple champions. I'm noticing that the artsy type of girl likes to wear champions without the laces. Has anyone else noticed this? I've seen many girls wearing black and navy keds or keds lookalikes without the laces, and they're always that artsy type.

The no laces is because of Keds line of Keds distress champion sneakers. If you ask me, I prefer the laces with keds and knock offs.

Quite a lot of Keds sightings this summer. I saw a couple leather Champs at a concert, one worn white canvas Champs at a Mariners baseball game (nice-looking middle-aged woman in a green cardigan sweater, black-framed glasses, and jeans), plenty of skimmers, mules, and other styles all around.

Surprisingly, I saw a older guy wearing worn navy Champs down by the lake. The next week, I saw him again in the same area. Been a while since I last saw a guy wearing Keds.

And while out shopping for fall clothes this week, I had on my white canvas Champs and encountered a few Champs-wearing women. One older lady was walking out of the store with a brace on her left ankle, a walking cane, and wearing these cool plaid-patterned canvas Champs. I commented on her shoes and she said she forgot she had these stashed-away in her closet for awhile, worn them out for the first time and got many compliments. Also commented another woman's worn white leather Champs, pointing to her shoes with my white Champs saying "nice shoes you have there", she laughed and said "yeah, I agree" and walked-off.

Then while at the Keds section in the shoe aisle as I was shopping for some new Keds, a rather nice-looking girl, maybe in her late teens, was there trying-on some white canvas Champs. She wore some black canvas skimmers barefoot, so it was a pretty slight too. I felt a little odd standing next to her, in the womens shoe section, looking for the same shoes. So I played it cool, saying "You know, they have mens Keds but can't seem to find them anywhere. So here I am looking in womens sizes". She smiled, then proceeded to try-on a couple pairs (in the same size 8 I wear) before deciding on the pair to get. Then her phone ringed, supposedly a friend, and told her friend she was at the store picking-up a pair of white Keds. As she placed the shoebox in her shopping cart and left, with no-one around, I grabbed one of the other pair she tried-on and took a big whiff at the insoles. It was still warm when she worn it around the aisle.

I went biking on Monday for 2 hours in and around various trails and I encountered 3 women in white champs and/or knock-offs while resting. I was shocked! One was even a really hot teen riding her bike. It's been quite all summer and then 3 in a row... wow! And me without a camera.

MK

I was walking around during work yesterday and I saw this really cute girl, probably 19-20 or so, wearing this pair of new navy Champs. This was the first attractive sighting I had seen in public for at least a couple months, so I definitely took notice. I wish I had a longer glance at her though, but oh well.

I was walking around during work yesterday and I saw this really cute girl, probably 19-20 or so, wearing this pair of new navy Champs. This was the first attractive sighting I had seen in public for at least a couple months, so I definitely took notice. I wish I had a longer glance at her though, but oh well.

Don't we all wish we could have a longer glance.. and more time to do other things with her.. LOL

I was in Phoenix for business this past week, and had dinner Thursday night around the ASU campus. As the temperature (even at night) doesn't drop below 90 degrees, the beautiful college girls there were skimpily dressed.

In the restaurant, one of the waitresses was wearing a pair of Keds Buttercup skimmers, and at the table across from me (where I positioned myself nicely) there was a 20+ year old with her boyfriend. She wore a pair of distressed chocolate brown Champion slip-ons.

The southern climates still have many more days of nice Keds sightings...

I'm another of those who went to see the Mouse this summer, and have to agree with the substatial number of girl of all ages wearing keds. All different styles, champs and newer stuff. It was great!

But I must admit, the girl who turned me on the most (besides my wife), wasn't wearing keds. She looked a bit asian, kinda punkish in baggy capris, and was wearing a dark blue laceless converse low-top on one foot and a black velco-strap vans on the other. No socks. Whew! Um, don't know what it is but mis-matched shoes really does it for me.

Good sighting of a very hot mid 30's lady wearing a newer pair of black canvas champs originals. Just missed getting pic's with my camera. This was in Georgetown section of DC. I have noticed a few pairs on younger(20's) girls too. Funny, the fall weather seems to have brought out the champs. Maybe the Keds "brand" is getting back into style with the ladies moving from skimmers to champs as the weather turns a bit cooler. At least we can HOPE! :icon_bigg

I was at a meeting tonight and we have two students from a local college doing work for our committe. The young man was in a pair of black high top chucks. I looked down to try to see what the young lady was wearing and I thought a caught a glimpse of the Keds blue label. Later I got a better look and sure enough she was wearing a pair of navy Keds mules. I could hardly believe my eyes. I wanted to take out my camera phone but I didn't dare. I have seen lots of teens and twenty somethings in chucks this fall but none in Keds, except maybe for some of the skimmers. I am not a huge fan of mules but they are the closest thing to champs I have seen on a young women in quite a while. Maybe this spring happy days will be here again.

Back
Top Bottom