Re: Opening Ceremony Keds

I'm going up to NYC in a couple weeks, if they are near where I'm going I'll stop in and get a pair. I think I like the chambray. If not I'm probably going to order a pair.

And if I go I'll be wearing my Keds.

My "mens" white Opening Ceremony Keds arrived today. They are "unisex" only in the sense that a size 9 man can wear a womens size 11 pair of Keds. The shoe is built on a women's last. On the outside of the box, OC has put a "Men's Size 9" label over the women's size 11 M label. (If you peel back the "Men's Size 9" label, the women's size 11 label does have a "Men 9 M" marking in smaller type below the larger "women's 11 M" marking. Someone at OC clearly had second thoughts about selling men a pair of shoes in a box marked like that.) The size inside the shoe is a women's size 11 label.

This is a "vintage" pair of Keds Champions if the vintage is about 2005. It has the "calendared" gum sole instead of the current Keds "eco" sole, and does not have the current side "Keds" tab. Compared to the current mens 5 eyelet Keds, the OC Keds are narrower--at the widest point, the current mens Keds size 9 is about 3.75", vs. 3.5" for the OC Keds. Wearable, but again not mens sizing. Incidently, the eyelets are silver, not white.

Bottom line is that I'm a little disappointed. I wouldn't have bought these had I known what I was getting. Wish I'd called OC and asked a couple of questions before I ordered. Personally, I'd be very happy if Keds would just build its current Men's Champions on the calendared sole. Anyway, I just thought I'd post something here so that people know what they're getting if they do order.

That is so funny I had bought a few pairs with the new furry sole and they are horrible and hard , I like the pebble it has more grip and more softer than the newer ones, I wish they can bring back the white soles , I had a pair of those. I have noticed the sole is thicker on those ceremony keds.
I guess I will buy some or just go to zazzle.

This is Bull- !@#$ opening ceremony ! i like the pair of bandana blue , the red and the chambray ones but I tell you these people just cannot get the situation solved . men would like to wear keds in champion design with the pebble sole and original insole , and most of all the only start at size 9 "
What the a hell is this and why ? that is not fair . not everyone wears a size 9 and up. i wear a 6.5 in men but many guys average a size 7 7.5 and up .
What is this 9 business ? so i am "I guess fresh out of luck with the opening ceremony ?

That's my issue with the Zazzle folks. You can't get them in a wide size. Does anyone know of a cute " Keds like" sneaker that comes in a wide size??? I am in need of a pair or 2 but I am not sure what to buy and the current Keds SUX ASS so I need some help. any suggestions are appreciated. I'd like them small and slightly femme but OK for a guy to wear. I hate big ugly ass shoes, which describe most current guy shoes.

Thanks

Careful of Zazzel Kedrs... I brought a pair if white and black champions off them and they were that hard as EcO shit slipery sole.. If I can find them I'll post a pic.. Looks to me as if Zazzel buys up older stock maybe seconds, lets the coustomer do them up and flogs at a big proffit... Got to admit their coustomizing is great.. :icon_frow:icon_frow:icon_frow Walk softly people..

Heres the "ON YAR ARSE Keds " I mentioned earlier.. I now call them this after a big landing on a wet downhill road.. KEDSRUS, cant you go to a womens size.. Just add 2.. 6.5 = 8.5 womens.. They are exactly the same shoe.. I agree mate.. Ked's are a truly screwed up company.. :icon_cry::icon_cry: Walk softly people..

Attachments

• 100_1928.JPG
    100_1928.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 0

They are like walking on ice. I hate the new soles and even the wides are narrower than they used to be.

They are like walking on ice. I hate the new soles and even the wides are narrower than they used to be.
The OC Keds have the older style rubber sole but are not sold in wide sizes.

OC Keds are mens size 9 are simply a womens size 11. What they do seem to have is more fabric on the upper. The fit much more loosely than my size 11 Keds from Keds.com, but they are still built on a womens size 11 last. The soles are 2K soles.

Back
Top Bottom