injanerd

Gold Member
Reaction score
Location (country)
illinois
I saw this question in another post and thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread on this topic.....How many men out there where their Keds in public? And if so, what does your significant other think? And have strangers come up to you and said anything?

I have worn old worn out camps out in public and had a couple of women stop and ask why I was wearing a womens shoe...I told them because it was what my wife handed me to wear when I was leaving the house and they give me a strange look and move on....my wife loves it why I don't know!

Anyway, just curious

keds in public?

keds in public?

I have been reading these post for a couple years now and can't quite get a grip on why men seem to be so shy about wearing keds in public. Possibly insecurity? I found that over 35 yrs of wearing champs the only one that makes it an issue is yourself. I managed a top 40 club in the 80's in dallas where all my bouncers eventually started wearing them too. And guess what? No problem with the chickies. In fact most women prefer a man with clean feet and self assuredness.Try wearing them with dockers, jeans and sweatshirts or basic manly attire and you will find only compliments. Good luck and wear your keds with pride:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

weraing keds in public

weraing keds in public

i wear keds in public all the time but havent gto noticed yet maybe someday i will im ft worth,tx

What kinds of Keds do you guys wear in public? I have no problem wearing white Keds, probably wouldn't have the courage to wear another color nor anything other than the Champs. I have been wearing the new Tirumps and really like them, but even then many women come up and mock me for wearing what they think is a womens shoe...I simply ignore it....maybe its the area of the country I live in here in Illinois!

My wife loves the look of Keds and jeans and encourages me to wear Keds champs all the time

What are you guys doing that people actually care what sneakers you are wearing? While I'm not a Keds person at all, I've worn Women's Nikes and Reeboks in public. Nobody cares one bit. Never had anything said to me or any weird looks. And I even wore Women's Nikes for a year in college with all the girls (Air Max Triax) because I liked the Women's color better. Even then nobody said anything.

Granted, they're not feminie - blue/white, white, and black - no pink or bright red or floral prints. But Keds are not all that feminine anymore either. They're just a basic (albeit low-end) white, black, or colored sneaker.

I wore my Champions until they were completely gone, which sucks since you can't find them on ebay much. I'm size 12-13 so forget the women's x-wide, not long enough. Anyway, an ex-girlfriend was into sneakers and was with me when I bought the Keds, she loved them. When I got married in '94 I brought 3 pairs of sneakers to Mexico- New Balance runners, Sperry CVO's, and the Champions, which I wore all the time. I miss those shoes! Hopefully Keds will bring them back. I may buy some Triumphs, but they're close to the same thing as my 3 pairs of Eddie Bauer CVO's.

wearing Sneakers in public

wearing Sneakers in public

I made my Keds boy try on a pair of Keds at the Keds Outlet, he was a little embarrased at first, but he ejoyed every second of it, and so did I. He also wears them in pubic with me sometimes. We both wore our Platform Keds out today. His are black with white rubber, and mine are solid white.

Will post some pictures of us in the park later.

I wear plan colors out time to time, the only people that ever say anything to me are people I know, never had a stranger say anything about them. When someone does say something it is like are you wearing your wifes shoes? depending on the mood I am in I tell them no or I will say yes what is wrong with that, they were at to door and needed to put somthing on. Then they drop it. Mens boat shoes look very close to keds too, that is what I tell them some times that they are my boat shoes.

I wear Tretorns a lot around the office and no one has said anything to me about them. Of course they are mens shoes but they look exactly the same as the women's.

There has to be more than a few of us that wear our Keds in public, who else out there wears their Keds? Any comments from passer byers?

What do the women out there think about when men wear womens Keds in public versus in the home only?

Back
Top Bottom