Yeah, deep moan. You and I have a long wait till spring.

Double-take, but no comments

Double-take, but no comments

I had the courage once to wear a pair of Keds in public (sort of). I bought a pair of Relaxed Fit Keds, and took a walk around my block, breaking them in. It was nerve-wracking, hoping my neighbors wouldn't notice since it was a nice Saturday afternoon and everybody was outside. Only one person noticed; he was walking his dog in the opposite direction I was walking, and he looked at my Keds. He didn't say anything.

I went to a restaurant yesterday with my wife. I was wearing my newer brown suede type leather champs with brown cargo shorts and a brown polo shirt. I didn't think it looked out of the ordinary, until....
The dinner was great as well as the service. My wife's back was to a wall and I was sitting with my back out to the middle of the place. The blue labelscould be seen by anyone walking by or even looking at us off in the distance since the place was virtually empty.
As we were walking out a chef, the waiter, and the hostess all were at the door standing next to each other, and they all said thank you for coming. I thought it was a little weird until I heard as I walked out a giggle coming from the hostess. I caught her glancing at my keds and knew that's what they were chuckling about.
I know I've been wearing keds long enough because it really didn't bother me that they noticed my keds. As we were leaving I could see through the big windows that they were totally over it and were getting back to business.
Days like that used to kind of excite me, now it's no big whoop.
Wear your keds proudly. For the most part no one really notices. I think everyone here who's worn keds for a while would agree that it's not the shoes that get you noticed, it's your nervous behavior. If you're more of a crossdresser (or transgendered like I am), it only gets worse as you try and "pass" when wearing women's clothes. Sheez, they're only canvas shoes. Try wearing pumps or a skirt around proudly.... now THAT's a challenge!
tgkedsgirl

I had a similar but slightly different experience....My wife and I were on vacation in the "islands" of the carribean and one evening I wore a pair of jeans, older "dirty" white Keds and a white T shirt to an outdoor resturant overlooking the ocean and a beautiful sunset. We were sitting off to the side of the deck and across the deck was a table of four (two couples), where one of the women noticed that I had Keds on and literally freaked out. She started to speak out loud (pretty much for everyone at the resturant to hear) look at that guy over there, he is wearing womens shoes!! My wife looked at her and said so what!

For the rest of the evening, this lady pretty much stared, pointed and whispered to her friend. I didn't really care, but it was a little embarrasing for this complete stranger to jump all over my case about the shoes I was wearing!

I agree, it wasn't like I was wearing a pair of pumps!

injanerd said:
I saw this question in another post and thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread on this topic.....How many men out there where their Keds in public? And if so, what does your significant other think? And have strangers come up to you and said anything?

I have worn old worn out camps out in public and had a couple of women stop and ask why I was wearing a womens shoe...I told them because it was what my wife handed me to wear when I was leaving the house and they give me a strange look and move on....my wife loves it why I don't know!

Anyway, just curious

Hi Keds Champion lovers

I wear Keds Champs everyday.

Keds Champs where for men and women when they first where released.
Who care's what people think.
I think KEDS CHAMPIONS are the best shoe ever desiged in history they are a work of art why not show them off.:icon_mrgr

Was at the doctor's today when a nosy little girl came up and asked what I was doing. I didn't mind her, she was actually quite a cute little girl, but she asked what movie I was watching on my personal dvd player. Then she noticed my white keds champs and just when it looked like she was about to blurt out, "Are those girls shoes?" the nurse called me in.
I'm not sure exactly what I would have said at that moment! Probably, "Yes, but they're boys shoes too!"
I'm kind of bummed now that this situation didn't play out. It would have been cute to see the look in her and her mother and father's eyes!
tgkedsgirl

It's a unisex shoe. When people say things like "they're women's shoes!" that only show how ignorant they are.

What to do

What to do

Seems like this subject keeps comming up. First, older girls think men in keds are sexy, second- yonger girls are chicken to wear them, third- If a man says something , it's like if you can kick my ass i will take them off. Ask him if he would like one upside his face.

what to do

what to do

kedsfreak said:
Seems like this subject keeps comming up. First, older girls think men in keds are sexy, second- yonger girls are chicken to wear them, third- If a man says something , it's like if you can kick my ass i will take them off. Ask him if he would like one upside his face.

Perhaps we can write a manual on this subject! LOL
:icon_idea

corej said:
Hi Keds Champion lovers

I wear Keds Champs everyday.

Keds Champs where for men and women when they first where released.
Who care's what people think.
I think KEDS CHAMPIONS are the best shoe ever desiged in history they are a work of art why not show them off.:icon_mrgr

This is true. I was born in 1977 but I think in the 50s and 60s they were worn by men a lot. If you have seen the movie Stand By Me, I think a few of the kids may be wearing keds or shoes close to them. I am pretty sure in "The Body" the story that the movie is based on it actually says that the boys wore keds. I know I have seen it mentioned in a few of Stephen King's stories. At first, I thought it was strange since I have always known them to be shoes for women but you are right that they are meant to be unisex.

Back
Top Bottom