Re: 2007 Keds Sightings...

Was rafting in West VA this week. One of the workers at the rafting CO. (lady in her late 40's?) was wearing a very well worn in pair of white canvas classic Keds-No socks. Hot hot hot!!

We have keds and other brand skimmers everywhere here. I have also seen a ton of the striped distrissed champs and am seeing the younger girls with the crazy patterened keds. Was at the mall yesterday and one of the big hip athletic shoe stores had a huge display window of nothing but slipons and skimmers and most of them were the new style keds!

:icon_chee

I'm seeing the same thing. Tons of skimmers and ballet flats (keds and keds-like ones) and slip ons, but no young people wearing the classic white champions. I don't think that the original champions can beat out the popularity of the ballet flats and skimmers. I thought that after this chuck craze that the keds champions would be next, but it seems to be just ballet flats and canvas slip ons. What do y'all think, can keds champions take over?

I'm seeing the same thing. Tons of skimmers and ballet flats (keds and keds-like ones) and slip ons, but no young people wearing the classic white champions. I don't think that the original champions can beat out the popularity of the ballet flats and skimmers. I thought that after this chuck craze that the keds champions would be next, but it seems to be just ballet flats and canvas slip ons. What do y'all think, can keds champions take over?

I was just all over the east coast and there were thousands of young women in New York wearing skimmers but no-where else and no champs.

Cheers, MK

Skimmers are the media popular brand of Keds these days, in order for champs to be popular again it needs to be seen more on young women. I have notice though many young women wearing slip-ons like vans. Hopefully Keds will start to put the champions on young women again. I believe that the Movie "Hairspray" might help with making Keds champs in the media mainstream.

Skimmers are the media popular brand of Keds these days, in order for champs to be popular again it needs to be seen more on young women. I have notice though many young women wearing slip-ons like vans. Hopefully Keds will start to put the champions on young women again. I believe that the Movie "Hairspray" might help with making Keds champs in the media mainstream.

did anybody see hairspray? did it have a lot of keds? i had a lot of hope that that one show to pick who gets to be the stars of "grease" the musical would gain some popularity as they had some keds, but on the mainstream across the country, i really don't know what gets people starting trends. i mean chucks all of a sudden one day just started to appear again after years of in the closet. I don't think any ads or anything like that boosted their popularity. it sort of just happened. It's really interesting to think of what makes things popular out of nowhere.

Actually chucks have still a large following with young females who are into either goth or grunge. The problem with Keds is that they are seen as either as young girls shoe or a grandma shoe. Whats misssing is the market between 18-35 if this could be filled with advertising on owmen in this age group ,then champs might have a better chance for a comeback. As for the hairspray movie its not Keds that they are wearing its mostly knockoffs.

I was in Southern Calif during the 4th of July and in NYC 2 weeks ago. Vans slipons, all-stars, keds skimmers, and keds distressed slipons are popular. Maybe we'll finally see an end to this stupid flip-flop trend.

nothing wrong with flipflops if the girl in them has nice feet.
Theres totally room for both.

Anyone a fan of rainbow sandals? 90% of the sandals worn here in SoCal...

Anyone a fan of rainbow sandals? 90% of the sandals worn here in SoCal...

I strictly only like Keds. But I do have an appreciation for any shoes really that show off a woman's feet nicely.

MK

Back
Top Bottom