New Years Eve Medicine...

New Years Eve Medicine...

I was at the doctor's office on new years eve and one of the nurses was wearing tan keds knock-offs.

Nice to see after long dry-spell. Nice looking asian girl too.

Blue Hawaii

Blue Hawaii

I just spent 10 days in Hawaii (Kaneohe Bay with Weekend down at Pearl Harbor).

I saw vitually no Keds on the island, even on the 50+ crowd.

Mule that sounds more like a anti alert 🙂

Keds in Florida

Keds in Florida

Hi guys!!
I´ve been in Florida for 20 days these Hollidays and the best places I´ve found are:
Disney World......Several champions (we could call it "Keds World" !!)
Key West..........Champions too but worn by old people.
Fort Lauderdale.....There was an Art show on Sunday and it was THE BEST place.

I also visited the Keds Stores !!!!:
The bad news: there were 3 Stores in Florida but one was closed and another one had a 70% off because they were going to close as well. It was so sad too that all the customers I saw were old women. Anyway I could find the "Daisy Print" style. It´s great !
The good news: The stores opened were like a paradise !! In addition, the salespersons were wearing keds shoes and T-shirts !!!.

Sneakers in Japan

Sneakers in Japan

I just spent some time in mainland Japan and Okinawa.

Women don't wear sneakers there. Schoolgirls do!

First, I need to mention, that there is an apparent shortage of textiles in Japan. I base this assumption on the skirts worn by said schoolgirls. Typical length (all grades) is about half way between knee and crotch. All school uniforms are navy blue (girls and boys) and the girls' skirts are pleated.

Almost every schoolgirl wears some kind of sneaker. They are not US brands, but the most popular seems to be a converse-like hightop or lowtop sneaker. "Running shoes" seem to come in second, and finally oxfords, but nothing approaching a champion.

At first I thought that the girls who wore the oxfords were wearing mules, but when I got a close look, I saw that they simply crushed down the back. This seems to be a popular way to wear "girl sneakers" in Asia.

I did get a few Keds sightings in O'Hare Airport on the way back 🙂

Long flight

Long flight

Mule said:
I just spent some time in mainland Japan and Okinawa.

Women don't wear sneakers there. Schoolgirls do!

First, I need to mention, that there is an apparent shortage of textiles in Japan. I base this assumption on the skirts worn by said schoolgirls. Typical length (all grades) is about half way between knee and crotch. All school uniforms are navy blue (girls and boys) and the girls' skirts are pleated.

Almost every schoolgirl wears some kind of sneaker. They are not US brands, but the most popular seems to be a converse-like hightop or lowtop sneaker. "Running shoes" seem to come in second, and finally oxfords, but nothing approaching a champion.

At first I thought that the girls who wore the oxfords were wearing mules, but when I got a close look, I saw that they simply crushed down the back. This seems to be a popular way to wear "girl sneakers" in Asia.

I did get a few Keds sightings in O'Hare Airport on the way back 🙂

With such a long flight it would have been nice to be seated near a girl wearing Keds so you can have lived in heaven for the 8-10 Hours it would have taken to get from Japan to O'Hare!

Keds Alert

Even if the popularity of Keds seems to be going down: you guys in America can be lucky. You had wonderful times with thousands of Keds girls around you through the years.

I am really into girls’ Keds champions and look-a-likes so it’s a big shame that those have never been popular here in Germany. Knew those adorable sneakers only from US-TV-series, teenage highschool movies and so on.

So you can image how much I enjoyed a few trips to the “United States of Amerikeds” in the early 90’s at summertime. Could finally make “experiences” with Keds and look-a-likes there. But it’s a pity that I have been a teenager without any ideas how to get well used and stinky girls’ Keds for my own to bring them back to Germany as souvenirs.

XXX Thommy said:
Even if the popularity of Keds seems to be going down: you guys in America can be lucky. You had wonderful times with thousands of Keds girls around you through the years.

I am really into girls’ Keds champions and look-a-likes so it’s a big shame that those have never been popular here in Germany. Knew those adorable sneakers only from US-TV-series, teenage highschool movies and so on.

So you can image how much I enjoyed a few trips to the “United States of Amerikeds” in the early 90’s at summertime. Could finally make “experiences” with Keds and look-a-likes there. But it’s a pity that I have been a teenager without any ideas how to get well used and stinky girls’ Keds for my own to bring them back to Germany as souvenirs.

Looks like you might be able to find them there now or soon.

Grube Sportartikel
Carsten-Borger-Str. 2-8
Postfach 27 01 54
27528 Bremerhaven
Phone: 49 471 97340

Thanks a lot Seeker. But I don’t think they will sell well worn girls’ champions overthere. :icon_mrgr

To get new-in-box champions shouldn’t be any problem worldwide nowadays. But it’s hard to find girls wearing them overhere.

Had two girls in the past doing those sneaker-fetish “things” for me but they didn’t like champions and look-a-likes at all. At least one has given me some shoejobs in champions look-a-likes Esprit sneakers sometimes. But she had no fun with that. Bad luck. :icon_conf

Pearson marathon

Pearson marathon

I was waiting on Sunday night for 2 hours for a flight from Hong Kong. During that time I noticed a very nice trend among chinese women. Keds. Slip ons. Champs. Knock-offs. Real Deal. Mostly white; some black.

Quite a few of them too.

Also noticed tonnes of Chucks and Vans too.

Even the younger teens were wearing them which means that there is influence out there.

The best 2 hour wait in an airport yet. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom